Search results

1. 1

Rupp Enduro Replacement Clutches ??

I have a Rupp Enduro I picked up, it has the angled engine mount, it does not have the proper clutches. It has a centrifugal clutch up front, that drives a very small v belt similar to an old car alternator belt. The back pulley is just a v belt pulley. I was going to put a centrifugal clutch up...
  2. 1

The high proce of gasoline and the change that is upon us.

After reading all this, I immediately went out to the shop and jetted all my bikes, engines, tractors, motorcycles, etc super fat. Started them all up and ran them WOT. I want to plug up the ozone so it snows less and I can ride my dirt bikes more.
  3. 1

Snookie on MTV's Jersey Shore on a doodlebug.

Krystal Pistol Campbell "American Hoggers". Yes mam, I will do that just so long as you wrestle me down again and tie me up. Now that is a bad girl.
  4. 1

Anyone selling a TS series Alsport trike ?

Yup. I owe you some pictures. Been a tad busy, as I am trying to open a business. Wow. A business plan is a lot of work. If you want just the roller I would take 300 bucks, or a trade for a minibike of equal value. The engine, I paid 400 bucks for and the clutches I think were about 300 bucks if...
  5. 1

Snookie on MTV's Jersey Shore on a doodlebug.

She could ride my mini doodle anytime, as long as she didn't talk or wear the hat. Well....I guess I could over look the hat.
  6. 1

heald clutch cover

Got my clutch cover. I am a picky person, and at times I may be hard to please :out: ....but I have to say, that clutch cover is a work of art. I am more than happy, WOW. I love it. Thank you. That sucker is solid, the old plastic one is no match for the strength of this unit, or the looks. Do...
  7. 1

Lawyers and legal BS insurance crap

We ran into this for years and years with snowmobiling. Tough to convince someone to let you use his land for a trail, when he can be held liable. Now the state (NY) takes out an insurance policy on all the trails in the state. So if your a land owner and someone gets hurt on your property, the...
  8. 1

Electronic Ignition and Generator Flywheel Magnets

I guess I will stick with the points for now. Wasn't sure if something else had come out on the market. Thanks for the help.
  9. 1

Rupp Original Clutches or Other?

jrzmac, those are pictures are helpful thanks. I have thought about the chain drive setup, but like the idea of the increased torque and no loss of top end that will come with the CVT. If I can go that route that would be my first choice. I think I am going to go either comet/rupp or full comet...
  10. 1

Yes. I was thinking of doing the bottom one, since I need both clutches. I could be happy with the top one also.
  11. 1

Looked at the 20 and 30 series clutches. The driven clutch ramps are on the inside for the 20 series, and on the outside for the 30 series. The original rupp secondary was on the inside, so it appears that a 30 series clutch will not align properly, and the 20 series secondary is the way to go...
  12. 1

Thats basically what I used years ago. It will miss fire the engine due to the charging magnets. Here is a write up of the product. You would need to trigger using something other than the flywheel magnets. NOVA II ? NEW IMPROVED SMALLER SIZE ? ABLE TO FIT IN AREAS THAT THE ROTARY #1986 NOVA...
  13. 1

That sure will make the points last longer, but a battery is less reliable than the points.:shrug: Interesting concept though. I was hoping they came out with a new ignition module that solved this problem, since I last tinkered with this bike. Would probably need a different trigger device...
  14. 1

I am currently working on restoring my Super Bronc. It has it's original engine and years ago, I tried to replace the points with a cheap electronic ignition. The generator flywheel magnets were throwing off the electronic ignition and the engine was firing at the wrong time. I went back to the...
  15. 1

1970 Rupp..200 bucks...what is it...clutches needed

Thanks. Trying to get it in reasonable condition for my wife to ride at Windber:thumbsup:
  16. 1

As per my prior post I bought a 1970 Enduro. It is missing both the drive and driven clutch. I like the idea of going back to the original clutches and have found them on ebay, but I am concerned about getting a drive belt. Is the original drive belt a "V" or a "\|" ? I have read posts where...
  17. 1

Thanks for the help, great. I had no idea the kickstand was on backwards, seems to work real good for being on backwards. Thanks.
  18. 1

So, I picked up this 1970 Rupp for 200 bucks last Friday. I thought it was an OK buy. It is obviously lacking parts and has a 5hp engine on it. The guy said it was an Enduro. I didn't know if it was an Enduro or a Roadster. It has the 10" rims, so I guess that makes it a 1970 right? How can I...
  19. 1

How to post pictures (Test Area)

Test of Post :laugh:
  20. Rupp as bought

Rupp as bought

Rupp as bought