Search results

1. T

Predator started having low speed idle issue

It's the same carb that's in the video. I don't mind not knowing what I am doing and still getting it right, but I feel a lot smarter when I get it right because I know what I am doing. Thanks for the video though, that's good stuff.
  2. T

I took the carb apart and cleaned everything, that did it, thanks! I wish I knew more about what I was looking at in the carb:scooter:, but glad it's running good again.
  3. T

I have a 6.5 predator that has six months use on it. Today my son and I were riding like we do every day, we had about 3/4 or a mile on the ride and when I let the gas off to take a curve, the engine idled up and down like it was trying to keep going, and stalled. Now I can start it, but at...
  4. T

Great riding weather

Makes me want to put lights on the bikes for night riding.. the cool night air makes for good riding too, but can see good enough to go.
  5. T

Great riding weather

I don't know about anyone else, but I sure have been getting in a lot of great miles on my two bikes right now, and have been making minor improvements as well. I clocked them both last night, one hit 27, the other hit 30, they are running good. The weather has been perfect, mid 80's most...
  6. T

Why Do Tires Wear More On Chain Side?

Because the chain keeps coming off and hitting the tire:shrug:
  7. T

Moving up to bigger bikes

Move to a smaller town where you can ride your mini around town, like we do:scooter: I wanted to get a real bike one time, so a trusted friend of mine, who also wanted to sell me his bike, sold me on a 1600 cruiser as the best first bike I could get. Don't do that, too big to start with...
  8. T

Predator 212cc vs Powerhorse 208cc

I haven't used the powerhorse, but I like the predators I have, a lot.
  9. T

is it hot or is it me?

It's been 100 to 110 here.. and dry, about normal. Best time to get outside is in the morning or after 8. I moved here from upper Michigan four years ago, going from 70 in the summer to 1oo and something was almost unbearable at first!
  10. T

Car fire update..,...$

The burned out car, probably wouldn't be that hard to make a big go cart out of it:shrug:
  11. T

What is this bike?

I looked at Fox and Manco bikes, yeah:shrug: Maybe there will be some more clues when I go pick it up. It will still be fun to ride.
  12. T

What is this bike?

I am going to go pick this up tomorrow, found it on CL. It will be bike #2, the first is an Asuza, in primer right now, that came UPS on Tuesday Can anyone tell me what it is or anything about it? It looks fun! :thumbsup:
  13. T

Building first minibike

I like those tires, probably could pull through anything. On a firm road, with no suspension, I wonder if it feel like riding a washboard?
  14. T

Building first minibike

Ok, man, got it. We'll, I am really looking forward to seeing your build, I am expecting it to be something very wonderful and I want to follow your work. There are a lot of people on here doing lot's of different things, and I guess if I was saying anything on this board, I would expect it to...
  15. T

Building first minibike

Yeah, I love that yellow bike, it is something to aspire to in building.
  16. T

Building first minibike

I have a six inch asuza kit coming in Tuesday. I don't mind getting my hands dirty, I don't mind doing things myself, and I don't just buy sh**, either. I'm really looking forward to putting my cheap predator engine in that frame, building it, and riding it. Good luck with your build, and I...
  17. T

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse

I didn't loose a house at the same time, but got laid off on valentines day right after my ex wife left. It sucks today, but have a beer tonight and rebuild stronger tomorrow, make it a good thing.
  18. T

WATER-TRANSFER DECALS Tecumseh, Briggs & Stratton

These decals are fantastic, would it be a crime to put them on a predator? They look so much better, and at least I could imagine that I have a cool engine instead of a predator!
  19. T

Ol black n' blue. A Doodle rebuild.

great to be giving an old briggs a new life, looks good!
  20. T

Time for a Hypothetical

Have to have some bike design parameters to get going here.. yeah, a fast bike, dual purpose tires, a large fuel tank for the bike and a tank of water for myself, and some other supplies to keep me going longer, I could win this!