Building first minibike

oldfatguy

the five horse will work fine, if you find that you need more power for trail riding you can always add a jack shaft to gear it down some.

Twister, who was talking about you or to you because I know I wasn't.

Funny how you guys took that personally, considering that it wasn't directed towards any of the people on this forum. What I said was people don't do shit themselves any more for whatever reason, maybe they're lazy or maybe they don't know how or maybe its both. Some people here sure get offended easily and should take the time to understand what they read.
Ok, man, got it. We'll, I am really looking forward to seeing your build, I am expecting it to be something very wonderful and I want to follow your work. There are a lot of people on here doing lot's of different things, and I guess if I was saying anything on this board, I would expect it to be directed towards those on this forum, those who will be reading this. Even the people who just go out and buy a bike from the department store, they may not build it themselves, but they still maintain the bike and ride it... Alright.. peace:thumbsup:

So I've decided to go with the kit (when I have enough money) Azusa Minibike Kit - 8" Wheels

I was looking at these tires 480 X 400 X 8 2Ply Super Lug Carlisle I think they might fit on the 8" wheels that come with the kit. I'm also going to buy a rebuild kit for my Briggs, and get a Max Lube clutch. I'm going to mill down the cylinder head on my Briggs to give it more compression. If I have the resources I might also bore out the intake and exhaust ports and buy a supercharger for it.

Why aren't mini bikes more popular? No one realizes how handy they are. I know when mine is built I'm just going to pick it up and throw it in the back of my truck and go down to the platte river to go trail riding. It doesn't cost a fortune like a new dirtbike would. It gets 100 mpg so if you bring a gas can with you, you could ride all day. Plus the tires I'm going to put on mine could pull it out of quicksand probably. I'll even bet I could get mine up to 50mph off road with my hot rod briggs and stratton.