Search results

1. B

Tell us your funny stories/Doah moments.

One time i was showing my girlfriend how to ride my 5hp stand up scooter. First I showed her how to use the pull start- i pulled once and it started right up. When i shut it off i secretly pulled the spark plug boot off. Then i let her try to start it. You can figure out the rest.....and yes i...
  2. B

Question About Liability

There has gotta be a law protecting the seller though. Think about how many hot rods have built out of garages (some built very poorly and unsafe) and sold. Then again, i hate to take a risk.
  3. B

Question About Liability

I am selling my homemade gas scooter on craigslist and am wondering if i am liable at all if the person who buys the scooter is injured while riding it? Is it safe to assume 'buyer beware'? I put a disclaimer at the bottom of my post stating that i assume no responsibility if the user of the...
  4. B

pc vs mac

Personally i prefer pc's by far. And for some reason at my college they put macs in every single science and engineering lab. Everyone here agrees that using mac's for engineering sucks.
  5. B

My build

Wheres the gooseneck?
  6. B

New Member, 18hp Twin Project

I cant really tell for certain but it looks like a Yamaha xs750? The stock motor probably made around 65 hp. Isn't the point of an engine conversion to increase your power to weight ratio?
  7. B

The Ultimate More Than 2 Wheels Picture Thread!!

gotta love Burt Munro's Indian Scout.....And his garage
  8. B

Are you being sarcastic wayne?
  9. B

Haha thanks. Most people are pretty surprised by the engine. It came out of a toyota mr2. Here's a pic of the stock engine-a Flathead from the early 1930s with a whopping 27 hp!! Its a cute little motor i really wished i would have kept it. I sold it to a guy who wanted to build a half scale...
  10. B

My 1951 Morris Minor 2 door I did a 4age conversion on it. Hauls ass pretty good for a little four banger.
  11. B

I got it!

Haha theres your problem. BMW puts faulty speedos in to make it seem like the driver spent their money wisely- meanwhile the corvette blows right passed him and still has money leftover for future speeding tickets :thumbsup:
  12. B

TIG or MIG

I would have to disagree with old salt. Each joining process has their advantages. Tig will produce a stronger weld hands down. GMAW is quick and easy but not as strong and doesnt look as good. It's also a lot harder to weld thin material. BUT, for a mini bike-your better off buying a used...
  13. B

Shagnasty

Are you using chinese blades? lol
  14. B

Dedicated to Briggsscooter

Nice Job Man!! Its been a while since i've been on this forum and was pleasantly surprised with this title of this thread. Your design looks good, nice and simple.
  15. B

threads on shaft

slide the clutch on and center punch through the set screw hole(s). Drill about a 1/4 inch down and use a half inch set screw.
  16. B

Made in China?

As a manufacturing engineering major, its not surprising that manufacturing has been steadily moving over to china. In a class im taking right now, we sometimes have to calculate whether or not it will be more cost effective to outsource and i have yet to see a problem where the solution was to...
  17. B

Want your thoughts please.....

Hes going to use a 90 degree ride along mower tranny.
  18. B

spider

haha one of my buddies just posted this on his blog....if you want similar stuff to laugh at go to this link ROFLez and Syrup | Come for a Laugh, Stay for a ROFL
  19. B

More Mods To The Mini !!!!

If it works that's great, but i think the tensioner should be on the bottom of the chain where it is in slack.