The Ultimate More Than 2 Wheels Picture Thread!!

I never heard of them... So I looked them up...

Alls I can say... is fuel tank, add 200 horsepower, add wheels...?

Really super fast go kart?!

65ShelbyClone

I'll bet that Morris hauls the mail with about 90hp more than stock. :thumbsup: I can only imagine what it would do with something like a 3S-GTE!

Hmm, maybe I should get some pics of the '65 Galaxie my old man brought home a few months ago...

"Belly tankers" are vehicles made from the drop tanks of bombers. The tank's original purpose was to hold extra fuel for extended flight, and then would be dropped off to save weight. Some hot-rod geniuses figured out that the smooth aerodynamics of the belly tank would cut through the wind better, so they mounted an engine and drivetrain in them, and ran them out at Bonneville. The belly tankers consistently turned in higher speeds than most of the "normal" cars, and were all the rage for a hile. Some "vintage" tankers are still being run today (on flathead power!), although a lot of the older ones are in racing museums.

Logic, nice ride! Could you please post some closeups of the engine and drivetrain? I have one of those frames, and was just inspired .....

A Morris Minor "street sleeper" - VERY cool! How many guys have you blown off the line with that, thinking they could outrun you? Somewhere, I know I have pictures of a Nash Metropolitan with a Chevy 350 in it .....

Last edited:
thats a sweeeeeeeeet little flathead!!:pimp:
Haha thanks. Most people are pretty surprised by the engine. It came out of a toyota mr2. Here's a pic of the stock engine-a Flathead from the early 1930s with a whopping 27 hp!! Its a cute little motor i really wished i would have kept it. I sold it to a guy who wanted to build a half scale belly tanker.

Logic, nice ride! Could you please post some closeups of the engine and drivetrain? I have one of those frames, and was just inspired .....
Sure thing but in about a week. I have a torque converter coming for it that I need to throw on. I can tell you some specs though
It was a run of the mill 47cc china pocketbike engine, I burned up the clutch and then was suprised at the amount of parts they have...

It is now bored out to 49cc with seperate head that has adjustable compression and squish, I run it at about 12:1 compression on E-85. The bore also has more agressive transfer ports and a boost port through a window in the piston skirting. Along with a larger forged wrist pin.

It has upgraded reeds, a dellorto carb, full-circle forged crank, lightened flywheel, advanced timing key and an expansion chamber exhaust.

I took the stock block and went over it and cleaned up the casting imperfections which even in stock trim made it smoother.

A friend of mine has a Nash Metropolitan with a small block Chevy in it. He did a great job on the car. I have a 1959 Nash Metropolitan that I am restoring. I am sticking with the original 55 H.P. 4 banger, I already own a car that takes care of my need for speed. I like the "quirkieness of the Nash with the original power train.

Jesse, thank you for the pic. That looks like the original SoCal Speed Shop belly tanker in the background, correct? Great concept in the front.....