Search results

1. C

2015 Build off entry: Mac Frijole Scratch Build

That's neat! Never thought of doing the clutch that way. I've got an old Mac Super Pro 81 saw that I wondered for years on how to get the clutch to work on a mini. Thanks!!!
  2. C

Anyone have any vintage mini garden tractors?

Does that one have the 110V. starter? We had one nearly identical to it except it was branded Turfmaster instead of Huffy and was green instead of blue. It was a model 2828E and had two blades. They had a Ranchero model with a 4hp motor and the rear tires were the same Indian head Carlisle's as...
  3. C

More old clutches

Don't know why I was thinking FM? Forgive me my mind played a trick on me. I remember now that most of the Norams had the set screw under the shoes. Does anyone build a clutch now with ceramic shoes?
  4. C

New to the Forum and My Project: 1960's Lil Indian 6000 Grand

I've got a 5000 of about the same vintage. It was originally a blue-green metallic color.
  5. C

New to the Forum and My Project: 1960's Lil Indian 6000 Grand

The Lil Indian 6000's that were factory assembled that I remembered, were a kinda dark red metallic.
  6. C

More old clutches

Lower left looks like a Fairbanks-Morse. At least the shoes do!
  7. C

running lights off a predator motor

Don't know if this would work as I don't have a Preditor motor to check. But how much voltage is available at the kill lead with the engine at speed? The kill lead is the small wire that attaches between the ignition module and off and on switch and is grounded to kill the engine. Kill lead...
  8. C

2015 Build off entry: Mac Frijole Scratch Build

Awesome work! Looking great! Does the Mac have the Tillottson or McCulloch carburetor? Looking forward to see what you do with the clutch.
  9. C

2015 OldMiniBikes Build-Off Classes and Rules

In the Resto/Vintage class, on a 5hp flathead Briggs (model 130232), will it be ok to use a magnetron ignition coil instead of the original breaker points?
  10. C

Christmas Mini Bike Memories

Thanks guys! Yes I have some more minibike related pics from back in the day. I'll try to get them scanned and posted soon! Also I plan to enter the 2015 buildoff and redo my first Lil Indian 5000. Been planning on doing that for quite awhile but being in the buildoff will give me more...
  11. C

Christmas Mini Bike Memories

Growing up in a lawnmower and bicycle shop, on Christmas Eve, I always remember the time that my dad sold minibikes especially at Christmas. We also sold bicycles and go carts and even chainsaws and garden tillers for Christmas. The time frame was about 1967 to 1974. We sold items for Christmas...
  12. C

What bike do you wish you still had?

My Rupp RMT-80. We cleaned up the ports and cut a little off the piston skirt. It would scream.
  13. C

Old Style Carburetor Rebuild - NEED HELP

I think you were talking about the two bolts that hold the carb to the block? I've always used a flat screwdriver holding it at a 90 degree angle to the bolt head placing it in the slots to loosen or tighten. It's best to always use two gaskets between the carb and tank. If you don't, you could...
  14. C

What got you hooked on Mini bikes?

My parents ran a lawnmower shop and I grew up in it. When I was about 9-10 years old, a guy had bought a LiL Indian kit and almost had it together but could not get the Briggs to start. He brought it to my dads shop and they got it running and since I was there they let me ride it down the...
  15. C

Skat Kitty History

:scooter::grind::out:::blink::no::rolleyes:smile:
  16. C

Picked up very rare 59 or 60 Simplex Servicycle Sportsman model

That's a neat project you have there! I had a Servicycle and a Whizzer growing up. My dad sold Whizzers and Servicycles and Famous James motors right after WWII. I remember when I was about 10 years old, my dad traded a guy a lawnmower for an old Servicycle. I think it was a 1949? We took it...
  17. C

Some great Jazz

I like the big bands from the mid 1930's best. One of my favorites was Artie Shaw and his band.
  18. C

What a bummer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I worked on lawnmowers back in those days of the wind up starters. They worked good until the spring broke or got weak, and the spring was expensive back in those days. Alot of people just changed out to a regular recoil instead of replacing the spring. It was cheeper to do that than replace the...
  19. C

Lil Indian 450?

Looks like a 300 to me too. They also sold them as kits and they could have been any color. During that time frame, the only engines I ever saw on Lil Indians was B&S. And there were some coppertone and white engines mixed together.
  20. C

"LiL" Indian with the light kit

The headlight and tail light also look correct to me. The 6v. lantern battery had about a 1/4" or 5/16" diameter wire bracket that bolted to the seat bolts under the seat. The brake light switch had a plastic normally open switch when depressed that worked off the brake arm. Thanks!!!