"LiL" Indian with the light kit

1stlegendtx

I picked up A "LiL" Indian with the O.E. light kit last night. I have not had a chance to look it over very well but I think It even has the O.E. brake caliper. Missing the seat and has some weirdo engine but the rest of it looks rusty but cool. Anyone else have one with the light kit?:shrug:

Thats a tough one..the headlight looks correct. but the taillight and the brake switch belong on a different bike. And the wiring and rear brackets are home made. :shrug: Here is mine but I have the lights off for the pic.:doah:

Head light and taillight appear correct. I have NOS lights identical to those. They ran on a battery. Tailight bracket looks a little different than mine but mine is made for the 6000/7000 frame. Interesting note: the brake set-up is on the right side so the rear wheel sprocket should be on the same side. Quite possible this bike was originally equipped with the Mini-Matic 2 speed.

The headlight and tail light also look correct to me. The 6v. lantern battery had about a 1/4" or 5/16" diameter wire bracket that bolted to the seat bolts under the seat. The brake light switch had a plastic normally open switch when depressed that worked off the brake arm. Thanks!!!

Hello,
I'll post up a pic tonight of the 6000/7000 brackets and NOS lights. The 7000 came with the lighting set up as standard equipment.
Regards

Hello, here are some pics of factory correct supplied parts for my Lil Indian 7000. Notice the rear tailight bracket is different than yours. Mine is specifc to the tall frame bike. The U bolts mounted the bracket to the tube just behind the seat. The tailight is NOS. Notice that the rear light has (1) rivet. This is correct. I have seen some for sale that have 2 rivets and the housing is black not chromed. These are, from what I have seen std. trailer rear running lights and would not be correct at least for Lil Indians. The headlight is NOS well and is correct. The large Bracket was used to hold the battery under the seat on the large framed version like the 5000/6000 and 7000.