1. martinson83

GX200 mud motor build recomendations

It's a mud motor for my jon boat.
  2. martinson83

oil crank seal replacement

Good to go. Thanks!
  3. martinson83

GX200 mud motor build recomendations

First - My parts kit is complete. I'm going to be doing some cleaning and painting and then I'll be ready to put it all together. I just wanted some opinions/ideas from some guys with more experence than me on the setup before I assemble it all. It's a GX200 I got off eBay. I honed the cylinder...
  4. martinson83

So it just pulls out and I slide the new one in? don't have to mess with the bearing or nuthin. its a gx200
  5. martinson83

How do I change the oil seal on the side of the block where the crank sticks through? the bearing is good so id rather not mess with it, but the seal is bad. got a new one ready to go. the block is all tore down.
  6. martinson83

GX200 charging kit

Gcae-1991841
  7. martinson83

GX200 charging kit

Wow. Yes those procedures would help. any simplified wiring diagrams? Just for charging a battery?
  8. martinson83

GX200 charging kit

I got a used GX200 from eBay a while ago. I'm planning on building a mud motor for my john boat. I was looking into electric starter kits as well , and I saw they came with charging coils. When I tore the GX apart I saw it already had the charging coils and magnets on the fly wheel (no ring...
  9. martinson83

wet clutch removal

What a coincidence. "Set it 0.003" on the intake and 0.004" on the exhaust then."....Hey rmm, I'm rebuilding a gx200. I found a .016" metal head gasket. can I use this to boost compression. Just set the lash to what you stated on another thread about a gx160?
  10. martinson83

wet clutch removal

anybody know what a used 2-1 wet clutch would go for plus shipping?
  11. martinson83

wet clutch removal

I need to make more posts before I can pm. I pulled the cover and it looks in good condition. ill work on the posts and get back to you. thanx
  12. martinson83

wet clutch removal

just got a used GX 200 with a 2-1 reduction wet clutch. I haven't tried to take it apart yet. I was wondering how easy it is to get rid of the clutch? is it just bolted to the crank case cover? would I need to get a new crank case cover to run without it? any info like that. going to start into...