Search results

1. directdrive

Need Part For Shortblock

I managed to find a brand new 1987 5hp short block. I have pretty much everything I need except the blower housing. I would like a NARP powder coated housing. I have only been able to find them back east and the shipping cost is expensive. Anyone know where to get them out west?
  2. directdrive

Stinger Kart

A few pics of my kid's Stinger. The motor mount is a bolt on and leaves the frame stock. It turned out pretty good.
  3. directdrive

Flathead

Got a Flathead yesterday out of the scrap bin at the local power equipment shop. It's a 1980 kool Bore. Runs good.
  4. directdrive

Princess Auto 196cc Clones

6.5 HP 196cc OHV Gas Engine | Princess Auto For all you Canadians,they go on sale for $99.00 tomorrow until the 13th. If they run out of stock you can get a rain cheque.
  5. directdrive

Zama Carb

Is the Zama LB-S9-81A the carb that came with the Blue Wazoom flatheads?The reason I ask is because I won this on Ebay today. I think it's slightly smaller. After some research I found out the b/w carbs were .870 venturi, and this one is .811 (20.6 mm). The b/w were set up for alcohol. I emailed...
  6. directdrive

Zama Carb

Is the Zama LB-S9-81A the carb that came with the Blue Wazoom Flatead?
  7. directdrive

Predator Governor

Omg
  8. directdrive

Aussie Velo Racing

dromageddon nats 2012 rotorua - YouTube Came across this vid. Cool bikes.
  9. directdrive

Flathead Questions

The only flathead Briggs I own is this one. It came with one of my Karts. I don't know the hp or year.The numbers are 80(3?)51 943068 6222143.The guy I bought it from fancied himself a welder and welded the clutch to the crank. Dumb. Maybe you guys can help me ID this one.My question doesn't...
  10. directdrive

Help ID Margay

I came across this one. Year, model? Thanks.
  11. directdrive

Kart Frame

I got the frame all tacked up today. Still some details to take care of but more or less there. I would like to thank Jack and Louie for helping me out. I think it looks vintage. OK for my first one. Thanks again.
  12. directdrive

Rupp Dart

Do any of you guys have the dimensions of a Dart Kart? I want to build my own frame in a similar style. Any info would help. -Wheelbase -frame width front and rear -rear axle width -front axle width top of spindle bolt center to center -front of frame to steering hoop/seat hoop -rise from main...
  13. directdrive

Are OEM Honda Parts Overlooked?

I'm not trying to take anything away from the excellent products produced by the aftermarket,but for less radical builds do stock Honda parts deserve a second look? The GX200 flat top piston has long been an inexpensive alternative, so what about their connecting rods? Many kart classes require...
  14. directdrive

Vegas Cart and Performance 440 cc Big Block

440cc Clone Engine Kits - Generation 2 [G2440] - $399.99 : Vegas Carts & Performance, Repowering Golf Carts for todays Speed Freaks! Is anyone running on of these? I think I found my rosebud.
  15. directdrive

Harbor Freight

http://www.harborfreight.com/engines-generators/gas-engines.html I see HF now lists the 60363 Hemi Predator as an item. I got the online coupon listing and the picture seems to be correct with the rectangular cast valve cover and the engine appears grey. My question is, if you order the 60363...
  16. directdrive

Bug Stinger Sidewinder

Found this on Craigslist today. I'm not sure of the year. It hasn't really been butchered with the B&S transplant (I believe it's a 3 or 3 1/2 hp) although the guy welded the clutch to the shaft. I am surprised at how small it is. I'm 6ft.and there's no way I'm racing that. My 12 year old...
  17. directdrive

AG-KM Special Circa 1960

I have been hunting around for a decent set of Kart plans and finally found these. Not 100% complete but useable. Kart Plans
  18. directdrive

Rupp Kart

Does anyone know if Robron inc. is still in business,and if so are they still doing a reproduction Rupp Dart. Cost? Thanks.
  19. directdrive

Animal vs. Predator

I have a new 69730 Predator 212 on the bench. I have read youngengine's "Predator Build Up Details" thread and have priced out the project to about $560 plus machining.This engine will produce 17.75hp@6700 rpm.Excellent read by the way. My question is what will it cost me to build an Animal to...