Search results

1. Man Scout

won't start, gas coming outta muffler?

I'm no epert I believe the engine on a hawg TY stock is a honda gx 160 clone 5.5 hp I am no expert but if the engine we are talking about here is a 4 stroke then it sounds like perhaps one of the valves could be stuck. First of all you want to try all the easy fixes first such as the spark...
  2. Man Scout

Clutch Rusted on Cannot Get off...sniff!

Wow I know know your pain. I did a similar thing with the hub bearings not as bad as what you had though. At first I tried breaking the bearing raceway that was stuck in the hub breaking tons of small screwdrivers in the process. But then I went at it with a rotary tool and cutoff wheel finally...
  3. Man Scout

Whats needed for a predator engine swap - Please chime in

You should try putting some aerokroil (pb blaster whatever you use) on the bolt and letting it penetrate for a while. Then put your wrench on the bolt and use a breaker bar, ie length of tubing, to get extra leverage on it to get it free. Also yes I suppose the gear on the jackshaft should...
  4. Man Scout

Sorry to hear that your home got destroyed and I hope the best for you. As for the throttle cable that don't sound too bad probably salvageable there is plenty of slack in the throttle cable if I remember correctly. You should be able to twist the throttle back the other way and see what is...
  5. Man Scout

Clutch Rusted on Cannot Get off...sniff!

Make sure there isn't a set screw in there. Spray some Aero Kroil or whatever you have on there and give the oil time to penetrate this should help to remove the rusted part. Then try to leverage the part out of there being careful not to damage the crankcase.
  6. Man Scout

Just take small baby steps on the project. Whenever I finish a project I miss working on it so nowadays I leave things less than finished so I can add on over time and have more fun. First of all remove your brakes to check if they are what is hanging up on the wheels. There will be 2 bolts...
  7. Man Scout

New Member with a doodlebug.

I would recommend a centrifugal clutch for your project. I myself was able to find a clutch at my local Farm and Fleet for 50$. It was a Comet brand 3/4in bore 12 tooth clutch #35 chain rated up to 8 hp. However you can always search out a clutch on the internet. I hear max torque makes a good...
  8. Man Scout

New Member with a doodlebug.

The swap to a predator 212 is very easy and I was able to accomplish it within 2 days using a rotary tool and a drill. However I had aligned the motor incorrectly and had to go back in and correct this with my rotary tool. After I went on a ride and blew the OEM bearings on the back wheel. I...
  9. Man Scout

Quick tire question before I buy

Thanks all I appreciate your help will go with the 15x5x6 I'm glad I asked.
  10. Man Scout

The tires if they are not so far gone that they have a big leak may be ok still. What are you using to fill the tires? If you are using a normal pump it may just not be enough to reseat and seal the tires to the hub as they are tubeless. You may want to use an air compressor or what they have at...
  11. Man Scout

Quick tire question before I buy

Hey all sorry to bother yall with this trivial question but I just wanted ask yall with experience before I decide to buy some new tires. I am looking at buying these snowhogs that are sized 410x6. The measurement seems foreign to me as I have read that the correct size for these on the DB is...
  12. Man Scout

DownsBros manual clutch Review Thread

Thanks for your reply. I was beginning to think the clutch was a myth! Well that explains everything I completely understand and I look forward to your final product! I will be watching and waiting until the day I can say, "TAKE MY DARN MONEY!"
  13. Man Scout

DownsBros manual clutch Review Thread

I was actually really excited to learn about a manual clutch for small engine bikes a while back and read a lot about downsbrosracing. However, I found that I could not access their website as well (I tried many browsers and even my phone tried their IP but didn't bother troubleshooting more)...
  14. Man Scout

My First; doodlebug engine swap

I couldn't agree more I blew a tire on my go cart once but was able to recover not a fun time dragging it back home. Yes and yes done and done on the safety gear. Thanks for the concern and your story one can never be too careful or too much of a big dumb to not implement safety into an...
  15. Man Scout

What else do you collect?

Hello I cannot find it in me to go to sleep so I will share. I collect and refurbish guns as well as shoot for fun. All sorts of guns from Airsoft guns to pellet guns to actual firearms. Sometimes if I think the gun is cool whether it be a toy or a musket I will impulse buy it. The costs can add...
  16. Man Scout

My First; doodlebug engine swap

I just found an old reflective street sign in someones trash. Pretty darn thick material I think aluminium or tin. Should make for a good clutch guard. Will update as time passes.
  17. Man Scout

Doodlebug Predator Engine Swap Help Please

Thank you for the information. I myself am not very experienced with building these for heavier riders and have no baseline for comparative data. In fact I am not very experienced with building these at all my doodlebug is my first build. However I have been bitten by the bug and love to share...
  18. Man Scout

Doodlebug Predator Engine Swap Help Please

I'm not sure if I read your post correctly but if the doodlebug the original poster has has the stock 97cc engine the clutch crank shaft bore is much too small for a predator 212s 3/4" shaft and he will need a new clutch. To the original poster: The swap is very easy and I was able to...
  19. Man Scout

Baja doodle bug build

Neato. You may also find that you will require a new clutch, to modify the chain, to modify the engine mounting plate or buy the mount adapter, as well as modify the chain tension-er. Also modifying the throttle lever of the engine by removing the friction washer and adding an extension spring...
  20. Man Scout

OldMiniBikes Warehouse steel sprockets

I am not too sure as to whether you could get one of the OldMiniBikes steel universal industry mounting hole sprocket to interface with the DB30 hub without some modification (8 hole mounting pattern rather than the DB30's 6 hole). The size of sprocket you can use will also be dictated by the size of...