Search results

1. S

looking for opinions on tires

I'm looking for a set of rear tires for my new kart and can't decide between kenda pathfinders or some offbrand ones called Wanda v tread, they look very similar but I know the you get what you paid for rule and the wandas are $20 cheaper, does anyone have experience with either? The kart will...
  2. S

can anyone help me id my new kart

I've looked all over it and cannot find any kind of id plate or sticker, I was gifted 2 frames and one has a murray id sticker on it so I'm just assuming they both are murray but I have no idea
  3. S

Predator 212 (hemi) build needing advice on torque converter

Remove governor, stiffer springs, 14cc head, thinner head gasket, performance air filter and header, either 22mm mikuni carb or gx390 carb and it would be rejetted, upgraded cam. Thats the plan at least, you think I wouldn't need more than a 30 series?
  4. S

I've thought about doing a 420 but I don't think it'll fit on my kart it's so huge
  5. S

I already have one kart with a lightly modified 212 hemi that I left the governor on and it is plenty of fun but I recently was gifted a second kart from a friend and and wanting to build a more aggressive motor for it, it's going to be used off-road with some decent hills so I'm wanting to go...
  6. S

peice of torque converter stuck to motor help

Here's the piece that's stuck on the crankshaft
  7. S

Yes I need to get the piece off so I can get a washer on there too space it away but I can't get the inner part off, I'll have to take pictures tomorrow, there is a part that slides onto the crankshaft, the belt sits on the clutch that is down by the sprocket and there is the upper part that the...
  8. S

So long story short my chain is tapping the torque converter up on the part that attaches to the crankshaft and I need to move the torque converter out away from the motor a tiny bit more but the cog piece that sits on the crankshaft that drives the converter will not come off, any ideas...
  9. S

Mikuni 22mm Carb vs CNC bored box carb

My goal is basically a quick little toy, it's not for trails or anything but mainly straight sand and mud holes and hills, I didn't really plan to do porting and cam and all that, but if I need to I will, I'd like to do lower gears to make it really torque-y and then be able to hit a top speed...
  10. S

What what do you have done to your motor?
  11. S

How hard is it to change the rod? So i should get both the rod and the flywheel if i get the carb
  12. S

itsa a bassically stock motor, im going to get a billet flywheel when i order the carb, i dont plan on running more than 5000rpm do i need to get the billett rod also? i also am wanting to do stiffer springs maybe 18lb i havent planned all that out yet, i was trying to get an idea on the carb...
  13. S

Im wanting to upgrade my carb on my predator 212 and don't know if its worth it to spend the extra money and get the mikuni carb kit, i keep reading how much of an upgrade the mikuni carb is i just can't decide if its worth spending more than i did on my whole motor, any body have any experience...
  14. S

gear ratio question

I was just playing around with one of the top speed calculators and I bought a torque converter kit for my 212 predator I put in a go kart which is strictly got off road use, and the kit came with a 10 tooth and a 12 tooth sprocket, my axle has a 60 tooth on it and I went with the 10 tooth for...
  15. S

Predator after market jets

Hold them next to each other, one is visibly larger than the other
  16. S

predator 212 throttle linkage installation

Yep that's the one I ordered, I appreciate the help, I'm new to small engines and wouldn't know where to stay with this kit
  17. S

I don't see that number anywhere on the order, I.got it off ebay, it comes with the peive that attaches over the pull start shroud
  18. S

I purchased a throttle linkage kit from OldMiniBikes and am curious if anyone has pictures or instructions how to install it, I can't find much of anything on the subject
  19. S

lower sprocket guard question

I am wondering if anyone has a lower sprocket guard installed because it seems like a really smart idea to me but I can't find one the right size, I measured my sprocket and it's a 60 tooth measuring 10" across, where do I find a guard that big? The biggest I can find is 9". I've also seen sine...
  20. S

largest emulsion tube causing bogging down, how can I fix?

I installed a predator 212 on a go kart project I'm working on and I got a stage one upgrade kit which includes 36 & 37 jets and a larger emulsion tube, when I installed the air filter kit it was so lean it wouldn't start so i swapped in the 36 jet and it ran good, then I swapped in the larger...