Search results

1. T

Gearing with TC questions

On the mini bike I'm running a TC with 19" tires and a ration of 7:2 and it rides good, take off is ok but takes awhile before I hit 40mph. From what Iv read the TC needs to be able to go into overdrive so a 72t worked for that in the rear. It's a cruiser so I'm happy with that. This trike...
  2. T

Need help with selecting tire/wheel size.

So I picked up this small custom trike. The rear currently has 13x6.5-6 tires on it, I'm looking for something a little wider and maybe taller but nothing crazy. What would be something slightly bigger and wider? I would buy wheels and tires already mounted as the wheels I have seem to have...
  3. T

Chain size help, no half links available.

On my carter kart, I'm installing the new chain , had to shorten it but I realized I prob need a half link. Of course for the RLV extreme performance chain they don't make them. So, if I adjust the jackshaft to take out some slack, the driven pulley will move affecting the belt for the 40...
  4. T

Axle sizing...go bigger or smaller? Newb needs your help.

So the kart has a 1" axle that's 37" long end to end. I need to replace it but they only sell 36" or 38"??? I am looking for an entire rear axle setup so What would going bigger or smaller do or affect? There standard ends threaded, short ends, even seen a solid axle with snap ring ends. Do I...
  5. T

Can anyone identify this 12 year old kart?

I'm working with limited pictures here but it's 12 years old. It needs an axle, hubs, brakes
  6. T

8" wheels wanted to mount 19x7 tires

Looking for 8" wheels which has a rotor mount, I would like to mount my existing 19x7 tires on them.
  7. T

Brand new Coleman bike starts and is in full throttle!

So my BIL got a new Coleman bike, it's a 6.5 gx200 clone. First time he started it .....it was in full throttle running. Glad we held the brake while starting it. I see the throttle stem that's attached to the throttle stop that rests against the idle screw on the carb, seems to not be resting...
  8. T

Gx200 clone timing after governor removal??

Engine won't start now So I removed the governor today, made sure the cam dot lined with crank dot upon reassembly. I made sure the new linkage kit allowed throttle to return normal and it did. I checked spark and it's there. Fuel tank is full..... Motor turns easy by hand and sounds...
  9. T

Tav2 install help.....chain and sprocket alignment

So I am test fitting everything, installed drive and driven nice to realize the rear sprocket and jackshaft sprocket don't line up. Now if I space out the jackshaft sprocket to match the rear wheel sprocket,then the driven pulley moves forward, then the drive pulley has to move forward which...
  10. T

Rear sprocket chain size help

So the Coleman ct200u runs 420 chains, problem is looking at rear sprockets with a high tooth count such as 72 or higher only come in #35. So I can change the chain no problem.....but what do you think about going from a 420 to a 35 chain? It's a clone 6.5 motor with a torque converter 6"...
  11. T

Honda clone torque converter JACKSHAFT AND BACK PLATE.

I don't need the full kit, I have the pulleys. Need a backing plate with jackshaft that bolts to the gx200.
  12. T

49cc Vinyl decal recoil circle Black with Bright Red

Fits GX clone recoils,might fit other but measure. This is 2 7/16" or 62mm ROUND. So I have new Red background and Black letters/numbers. Also 2 different fonts available. Just say LEFT or RIGHT in pm. $7 Shipped from CT
  13. T

Sprocket brake

Anyone have pics or ideas of a sprocket brake. I think it's the easiest way to add a caliper. Anyone know of a small caliper that will work, either cable or hydro?
  14. T

49cc vinyl sticker for recoil 2 7/16" or 62mm

Brand New- $7 These are gloss black circle with 49cc street legal in a dark red. They fit the recoil of the 6.5hp clones. I have it on a Gx clone, fits perfect. You'll notice in pic the front has a film that gets removed after you press it down. Located in CT.
  15. T

Adding a disk brake setup on drum wheels?

Do disk brakes only attach to a flange thats welded to the wheel itself? My rear wheel has drum brakes so there is nothing to bolt a rotor onto. Is changing the wheels the only option? It's a Coleman ct200u, looks to use the same wheels as the Baja mb200
  16. T

WTB- 12mm X 342mm or bigger BOLT.

Does anyone have a 12mm X 13.5" or longer bolt? Must be 12mm
  17. T

Mbx11 front fork Brand New

I have a mbx11 front suspension Brand New. I decided not to do this build so I'm selling the mbx11 front end. It's Brand New, best offer takes it. You pay shipping via FedEx. Located in CT, Paypal is accepted as well as any major credit cards ( I own my own company so I have credit card...
  18. T

Coleman ct200U sub section?????

For all the ct200u owners, can we start a sub section so we can list mods, ask tech questions , and see project logs?
  19. T

Problem with mbx11 front suspension

So I have an existing 19x7-8 wheel/tire and I test fit in the mbx11 fork. Well the fork measures 7 7/8" and the wheel is exactly 8" So problem #1 is the shocks are slightly spread when wheel is installed...this can't be right. Problem 2 is the mbx11 front shocks accept a 12mm axle , my wheel...
  20. T

3 amp charging coil wiring to rectifier/regulator

So I have 2 coils, each is 3 Amps with a single wire on each. I believe this means it's a half wave and one end of the winding is grounded to the coil itself which is then mounted and chassis grounded. I want to run 2 full wave 12v scooter/gy6 4 prong rectifier/regulators. One to charge the...