Search results

1. xBrent92

How much horsepower can a standard clutch handle ?

Before i decided to go clutch i had the tav-30 with the yellow spring on the tightest setting. pre-wound of course. The belt just sinks straight to the bottom of the pulley. This engine isn't weak. The mower probably weighs about 130lbs total. With me on it about 275 lbs total. The...
  2. xBrent92

How much horsepower can a standard clutch handle ?

So my predator is pretty much maxxed out(on the excessive side) besides needing a big bore kit( which won't be done) and it is on a 6:1 gear ratio with 15" tires but the clutch gets hot quick. It's a regular $15 clutch. I haven't had a chance to wind out the gear yet but it will still grab...
  3. xBrent92

Any good Android speedometer/video recording app ?

A free one preferably. The last app i used(dashboard cam) didn't record audio just slightly choppy video and GPS speed. I have a record of 58mph to beat since i last modified and speed-ran the predator.
  4. xBrent92

I need a stiff TAV-30 Driven spring.

Where on the interweb sells stiff springs that will fit ? Must be at least twice as stiff as the yellow spring. I'll even cut on it to shorten it if i need to. Let me know, I really like my low to mid range power.
  5. xBrent92

How to Reduce Blow-By? (modded engine question)

:) This motor is going in my john deere mower. Rear mounted though.
  6. xBrent92

WAY too tight. This cam was the equivalent of adding nitrous to a stock one. You all know about that ,right? Increasing combustion that high causes the rings to butt together and scuff the cylinder walls? All this crap i've been receiving makes me think nobody does.
  7. xBrent92

Just barely not as much as the first .In hope to prevent excess gas if needed.
  8. xBrent92

IT WORKS GREAT!!! I am too excited. This is the first set i've ever filed and engine has absolutely NO blowby(i think) and can even hear as if it has more of a "punch" during each combustion cycle. So cool.
  9. xBrent92

Hi, I would just like to say I have filed down my top two piston rings The second one not as much as the first for the engineering reasons you all should know by now.
  10. xBrent92

My Answer : File piston ring. ---------To accommodate for the increased compression for .380" cam lift.
  11. xBrent92

If someone would please so kindly send me one and i will be more than willing to test that claim. With video proof as well to go with it.
  12. xBrent92

Advantages of 40Series of TAV30 ?

more horsepower= higher obtainable speed. more torque= higher acceleration to that speed. So if 44mph is the fastest attainable speed with the TAV-30 (which is 8hp rated) then a 40 series with a 16hp rating should allow double that .
  13. xBrent92

Predator 212 hemi Mini bike build

Are you considering the 40series TC ? I am very curious as to how much of a speed increase would happen due to the higher horsepower rating compared to the TAV30.
  14. xBrent92

Supporting Member Icon/Purchase Location

I was considering donating but could you maybe do monthly subscriptions?
  15. xBrent92

Bent sprocket how to make it true again????

I used the vice and heavy steel mallet treatment the other day. Worked fine for me! Still a bit wobbly though.
  16. xBrent92

lol, ok, as you can tell i'm not always good at voicing my thoughts and what i've seen. When I looked into the chamber through the spark plug hole with a flashlight, the P2V clearance looks SO close when i'm pulling the recoil starter. i don't know if at higher RPMs the valve would end up...
  17. xBrent92

I feel air pushing out of the valve cover lol. I've even drilled the breather to a bigger size and removed the reed valve? from the inside. and by-the-way... I am no longer mild. Running around a .380 lift camshaft. See post #5
  18. xBrent92

LOL! Good laugh for the day. But o.k. I believe you, sheesh. No cylinder glazing, it has to be the rings. They are staggered as well. Was the first thing I checked after cam install. Maybe I will clean the ring grooves of carbon buildup if it has any. Only reason i'm using 18 pound springs...
  19. xBrent92

Good stuff ^ :) Already has started to look like Medusa. With all that being said..Could I enlarge the hole inside the cylinder head above the intake rocker and be fine? : Ok. Even though I rather make FelPro gaskets i'm guessing aftermarket fiber is the way to go. Along with going...
  20. xBrent92

So I just drilled another 3/4" hole and guess what.... almost zero blow-by. Not only is the throttle response much harder, but almost zero blow-by. It kinda hurts me to hear the engine rev so hard. But hey...power made.