Search results

1. C

Clone smoking/ burning oil after rebuild

The 2nd ring was the correct way, I believe the stamping #'s facing up, per directions. The oil ring can only go one way, so that had to be good. Yes, I am using the stock valve cover vent, I never had an issue with that before the rebuild?
  2. C

That was my first thought, however I did install them with the gap 180 from each other, and followed the included instructions for proper install..
  3. C

Hello all, I recently rebuilt my 196cc honda clone with a billet rod, new crank, new piston and rings due to the stock crank bearings going out. I did hone the cylinder before rebuilding. It ran great during break in, now it has been smoking/ burning oil progressively worse each time it runs. I...
  4. C

Most effective clutch?

I try my best to properly maintain my clutches, but say when I am riding for a couple hours at a crack, I hate having to stop every 15 minutes to lube it so it doesn't squeal.
  5. C

Most effective clutch?

Hi all, I have a modified coleman ct200u, the stock clutch is terrible, and I tried the max-torque clutch, that lasted quite longer. Whats the most "effective" clutch, without breaking the bank? I can't see spending hundreds on a racing clutch, but the cheap ones just don't last. Thanks...
  6. C

Modified honda clone fuel

No, not going to symco. Never heard of it, acutually.
  7. C

It is a stock piston, and .10 gasket. Probably near stock, maybe a little higher
  8. C

Hey all, In your opinion, what is the best fuel for a moderately modified Honda Clone? To make the most power, of course, and the life of the engine and other parts... ( Cam, valve springs, alm. rod, alm. flywheel, bored stock carb .039, header ) I currently use a mix of VP 110 leaded and...
  9. C

Clone oil

Right, but it got Black after say 3-5 hours. never had that happen before
  10. C

Clone oil

Whats the best oil to use for a built 196cc clone? I used to use Valvoline but after a short use it got black. I am using Amsoil small engine oil right now, I hear they make a 4T racing oil for briggs and clones specifically. Whats your opinion?
  11. C

Cams. CL2 Vs. CL3

I have a 196cc clone with header, bored stock carb, aluminum rod, alm. flywheel. I have the CL2 Cam in it right now, and I have a CL3 cam I also bought. Whats the difference? Has anyone tried the difference? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhoJ_5dD6L4
  12. C

More power!!

DeadPixel My next step is removing governor, I did purchase the aluminum rod, flywheel, and got a cam and different valve springs.. This should boost er' up!
  13. C

More power!!

SAS289 Yes I got the racing autolite and it was coleman vs coleman.
  14. C

More power!!

Hello, I've got a Coleman ct200u with the stock clone engine. I added a .035 rejet kit, hi-flow air filter and ARC racing adapter. Also have a custom straight pipe. I feel that I need some more power, for what i'm doing with the minibike. My friend did a pretador swap and now he almost beats...
  15. C

Governor removal??

Yes, it did add power, and it runs much better with the pipe on it.
  16. C

Governor removal??

I have a coleman ct200u with the stock 6.5hp clone in it. I added a kit from hotrodminibike .com, with a K&N filter, .35 jet, and racing plug. Any good directions for governor removal? I understand its a "risk" and can be "dangerous", but wanted too see if anyone did it and how it turned out...
  17. C

Performance upgrade(s)?

Thanks for the recommendations, I got a kit from hot rod mini bike, with K&N filter and .35 jet, and autolite racing plug. Runs much better.
  18. C

Performance upgrade(s)?

Thanks! Im looking at getting a kit from hotrodminibike that comes with filter and re-jet. The re-jet kit it comes with is .035, not 0.37. Which is better?
  19. C

Performance upgrade(s)?

Hi, I'm new to the site, I have a Coleman CT200U with a custom stainless steel straight pipe. Anything good to add to it in general? Thanks. :thumbsup: