Search results

1. P

fuel pump questions

For those of you who have experience with a pulse fuel pump, how high and far will one of these reliably pump fuel?
  2. P

Rear shock questions

The rear shock/springs I used in my build off bike seem to be extremely stiff....ass rattling stiff. I have no idea what make or rating they have, but the spring wire is .300" in diameter, and I can't compress them more than about 1/2" even when I jump on it. I've been looking at replacements...
  3. P

T/C driver springs

I'm using one of the knock off 30 series drivers, and would like like it to engage a little earlier. I have to feather the throttle just to take off easy and most of the time it when it engages, it's faster than I'm used to. I know that Comet offers several springs for different engagement...
  4. P

Removing powder coat

I figured out a quick, easy way to remove powder coating, kinda accidentally. Most powder coat is polyester and is impervious to gasoline and other solvents, and it is sorta soft and sanding and blasting won't cut it very fast like it does on paint. But it can be dissolved by acetone and and...
  5. P

Led lights ?

I think I already know the answer to this, but I just want it confirmed. Will led lights work with AC ? I know Tec lighting coils put out AC instead of DC.
  6. P

fastener sizes

Can someone tell me the size of the carburetor studs on a Predator 212? I know they are no doubt metric, but dia. and pitch?
  7. P

Throttle control

Where can I find a quality twist grip throttle, preferably with a built in kill switch? I've used the cheap Chinese pot metal versions that seem to be rough and crumble after some use. Every site I've been to have about 12 versions, but very nondescript about the innards.
  8. P

Old ride, fun build

I build this back in '06.....not quite a mini, but it's a fun ride. The grand kids have taken it over, my fat a$$ can't pedal it anymore. We named it the "ped-chuco", which roughly translated means "mexican muscle car":laugh: I keep thinking I need to motorize this bad boy.........
  9. P

PAP's - Renegade - (Anything Goes)

Anything goes class, scratch build. I'm attempting to make a bike about the size of a Rupp Roadster II. It will be suspended front and back, so I think I'm starting from the front and working my way to the back. There are still are a few parts that I haven't acquired yet, but I need to get more...
  10. P

Mechanical disc brakes

I've been studying brake calipers, and have come to the conclusion that there is a lot of friction lost between the actuation and the real friction it take to stop. A percentage mechanical advantage (leverage) is lost by the friction of all of the resistance in the cams and the levers binding...
  11. P

New scratch build, need some info

I have acquired all of the major parts to start my build, and now need some info about frames sizes. My goal is to essentially clone a 70-74" Rupp bike with the motor cycle style frame, but the problem is I have no sample available for me to examine. Although it won't be a carbon copy, I would...
  12. P

Get me up to speed

I've been out of the loop for about 40 yrs. When I was a kid, we ran B&S, Tecumseh and Clinton engines on our mini bikes and fun karts. When I raced go karts, we ran what you youngsters now call "smokers"...McCulloch 93's and 101's. I see that my age is showing when I hear guys referring to the...
  13. P

New guy..well not actually

In reality I'm an old guy, or more like old skool guy, that's why they call me PAP. I grew up with mini bikes and go karts and anything else that used gas or gunpowder. That was about 40 yrs ago. When I was 17, I had back surgery and my doctor recommended that I give up racing to heal. With that...