Search results

1. T

modding Subaru-Robin engines?

Hey everyone, I am looking for some info, tips, suggestions for modding a Subaru-Robin kart/bike engine. I have experience modding Honda/clones and Briggs flathead, and want to pick up a subaru robin to mod and put on one of my karts. I have and LOVE a subaru wrx and loove subarus so please...
  2. T

212 hemi rocker ratio?

Hey everyone, hoping you can set something straight for me. I've always assumed the stock rocker arms in the predator 212 hemi were 1:1 ratio, but read somewhere that they were 1.1:1, and never read anything about them being 1:1 or not. So, what ratio are the stock rocker arms in the 212 hemi...
  3. T

ohh50 throttle hook up?

Any links to where I can get a new governor gear and gov arm for throttle hookup? Its all gone. Only things I've come up with is try to find or make a cone air filter adapter for the carb so I can access the throttle butterfly from the gas pedal side of the kart, or get a really long cable and...
  4. T

gx390 valve spring?'s

Noone knows spring rate of oem gx390 valve springs, or around what rpm they start to float with the oem gx390 cam?
  5. T

ohh50 throttle hook up?

The on/off switch/throttle control on the side is still there but no governor arm. I'm trying to figure out to to hook up straight to the carb throttle like it should be (super easy on honda/clones and briggs but seemingly impossible oh this tecumseh)
  6. T

ohh50 throttle hook up?

Hey everyone I am having trouble figuring out how to hook up the throttle linkage on my nephews go kart that has a 5hp tecumseh ohh50 ohv engine. I'm pretty sure the governor has already been deleted as there is no governor arm/linkage, just the throttle on the carb. When I got the...
  7. T

gx390 valve spring?'s

Hey guys, first time venturing into the honda "big block" gx390 and had some questions I'm hoping you all can help me with. I am curious what # valve springs are in the gx390/clones stock, and at what rpm the stock springs start to valve float with the stock cam but governor completely...
  8. T

Clone oil

I use rotella t6 5w40, partly due to that's what I always have laying around from my wrx, and partly due to it taking tons of abuse and having a high zinc content. I like it. My 212 predator seems to like it.
  9. T

fuel pulse pump supply? return line?

I was thinking of using a Walbro unless another pump is suggested. I've also seen most people run just a single fuel line from the pump outlet to the carb. But I've seen a couple people run a Y in the fuel like between the pump and carb; one line after the Y going to the carb, the other line...
  10. T

CS vs stock cam

Does that mean longer pushrods are needed to make up for the smaller base circle of the cs grind cam?or is the difference so small that the valve lash adjustment will take care of the difference?
  11. T

No one has suggestions on fuel pump pulse source? Intake manifold between carb and head? Valve cover breather? Governor arm hole? I am goin to use either the valve cover breather or governor arm hole to vent into my catch can, but not sure which of the 3 options will provide the best pukse...
  12. T

Electronic Rev Limiting?

I've seen a flywheel for a clone that let's you use the briggs animal ignition with different rpm limits. I think arc makes a "pvl" flywheels that works with briggs pvl ignition coil
  13. T

Hello everyone, I recently picked up a new project that requires moving the fuel tank and running a fuel pulse pump and had a couple questions. Its on a predator 212 hemi that will have a top plate for the fuel pump mount and throttle linkage. I am curious what is considered the best "source"...
  14. T

The start of a new build...

Congrats on the child! Looking forward to seeing this build.
  15. T

.650 stock carb, gx390 carb, mikuni?

Looking forward to your updates on this
  16. T

212 hemi cam recommendation?

Am I going to need for sure longer or shorter pushrods to us the .265 CS grind cam in a 212 hemi with un-decked block and un-milled head? Or is it just a possibility I may need different length pushrods? I know there always the possibility of maybe needing different length pushrods, but I...
  17. T

Man I hope the pz20 carb fits the mikuni22 intake manifold/adapter! (Or someone can find an intake mani/adapter that will fit the clone/pz20 carb) I feel like it might be a good midpoint between the stock carb and 22mm mikuni (which I feel may be too big for my build)
  18. T

The pz20 carb is a 2 bolt flange. It looks very similar to the mikuni 22. Also a slide carb. I'm just starting the mikuni is overkill (both $ and size) for my build. The 212 will be built around the .265 lift CS grind cam. If I ever decide to step up to a larger cam, I will swap to a mikuni...
  19. T

Anyone know if a pz20 carb would be even a small upgrade over a bone stock clone/predator 212 carb? I feel like stock and .650 bored are smaller than 20mm (my metric conversion sucks lol) Anyone know where to get an intake manifold/adapter to bolt my pz20 I have layhing around to my...
  20. T

I also have a few, good keihin pz20 dirtbike/atv/pitbike carbs laying around, but don't know if it would be an upgrade over even the stock carb. Or a downgrade...