212 hemi cam recommendation?

Am I going to need for sure longer or shorter pushrods to us the .265 CS grind cam in a 212 hemi with un-decked block and un-milled head? Or is it just a possibility I may need different length pushrods?

I know there always the possibility of maybe needing different length pushrods, but I remember reading somehow saying that needed longer pushrods bc the cam they installed had a smaller base circle than stock cam, or something along those lines.

Does the cs grind cam have a different size base circle than the stock cam meaning I will absolutely need longer pushrods?

Am I going to need for sure longer or shorter pushrods to us the .265 CS grind cam in a 212 hemi with un-decked block and un-milled head? Or is it just a possibility I may need different length pushrods?

I know there always the possibility of maybe needing different length pushrods, but I remember reading somehow saying that needed longer pushrods bc the cam they installed had a smaller base circle than stock cam, or something along those lines.

Does the cs grind cam have a different size base circle than the stock cam meaning I will absolutely need longer pushrods?
The CS grind does have a smaller base circle, but it's such a small difference you should be fine stock length.

edit: It's a small difference with the CM and CS compared to stock. Some bigger cams give trouble.

Last edited:
A safe choice would be a CL1 high torque. It would work good with your stock re-jeted carb and stock compression. There are better cams but this is also a cheep Cam. Avoid cams with retarded Cam timing and keep the duration @0.050 at 230 or under. Look for something ground straight up or advanced a little. Also keel the LSA at 110 or lower. 106 or 108 would be better.

TheDullCarbide 22s on stock rockers on the clones work fine. At least to 5k. I have not full disabled governor yet on the motor there in.