Search results

1. jaimenv

Just got this mini baja and can't figure out

What hp engine it has. Is there a way of telling if it is a 5.5 or a 6.5 hp. It runs as is and the lights work, it has a jackshaft setup I am going to get rid off and install a chino TAV. Appreciate any hints on the jackshaft to tav swap. Its missing the chain guard any idea where to...
  2. jaimenv

Is this a B&S 8hp animal ?

Got the engine from the scrap yard with a busted rod, apparently no damage to the block other than the topside oil filler/dip stick boss. It came with a splined short crank shaft attached to a gear reducer of sorts that was trashed in the inside. I am looking at replacing the crank with a...
  3. jaimenv

BS 5HP pressure washer donor motor.

Yes it is a scrap yard find. So far it looks good as a spare motor for one of my minis. There is a small blemish in the upper end of the cylinder yet you can still see original honing swirls on the cylinder walls. Best thing I like is the engine cover has bolt bosses for the pressure washer...
  4. jaimenv

New Project Wirld Wind

Found this one in the local online classifieds and had to get it. Like most if not all the OldMiniBikes here have a lot of corrosion, the fork ends are gone for the most part. Thing is built like a tank, yet it has some manufacturing issues. The frame bends around the seat area are not parallel and the...
  5. jaimenv

Honda trx70 atv trike conversion.

Got me a 1986 mostly corroded Honda trx70 atv for 15 bucks out the local scrap recycler. Wonder if any one have ever converted one of this to a trike from a 4 wheeler. The front lower frame is just gone from rust. So are the wheels. I am going to give the engine a once over and see if I get...
  6. jaimenv

Bringing back it's soul, syssibar.

Well at least part of it. Found a local bicycle shop that had some syssibars in stock ☺ .
  7. jaimenv

Bent Duster fork (not anymore).

Yea the forks are bent back, just enough to bother me. So out came the torch and the welder took care of a crack.
  8. jaimenv

Worn clutch key help.

The fix/built in key on my new to me comet clutch is almost gone. The prior owner had drill a small hole on the engine shaft so to get the only set screw to sort of lock the clutch to the shaft. I am contemplating drilling a couple holes right above the shaft key way and install two more set...
  9. jaimenv

Back to my roots.

Needing something to keep me busy, I picked up a mini bike that sort of looked like my first bike. Yet it turned to be just like it once I found a picture of my old ride right (Duster) here in the forums . I was able to look and compare that the bike I picked up is in fact an old Duster just...