Search results

1. RogerA

Argyle Scooter Cub Update #4

Wanted to update everyone on the progress I’ve made on the ID/vin plate I had made. Plate was an excellent reproduction of the original. I wanted to stamp in the model and serial numbers as close to original as possible. After much research on size and type of letters, I searched to find a...
  2. RogerA

eBay "Scat Kitty" Skat Kitty sale? Sold to someone here?

It brought $1775. Anyone here buy it? THANKS! https://www.ebay.com/itm/203776813183?hash=item2f720b687f:g:xZYAAOSwZf9hzzzs
  3. RogerA

Argyle Cub Scooter Update #3

Not much new to show. Have not been able to do much. I was out part of September and the whole month of October with Covid. Three trips to Doctor and one to Emergency Room, on oxygen at home for three weeks 24 and 7, and a week at night to sleep, but I'm ok now. Just have to get back my...
  4. RogerA

Adjusting a Clinton Panther 500 with LMB carb, driving me crazy.

Having not worked on two strokes for many years, like the 70's, anyone have any tips? Manual calls for 1 1/4 on main and 1 1/4 on air screw. It starts and runs but that's it. No acceleration and lots of blue smoke Gas mixture is good and fresh. Too rich I'm guessing, so ill start there...
  5. RogerA

WANTED! Clinton Panther Muffler.

I need a 2 cycle Clinton Panther Muffler. The kind that is a flat box style that hangs below the cylinder. Or any pieces of one? Baffles? Plates? Message me here or rogerlayne13@gmail.com THANKS to everyone.
  6. RogerA

Argyle Cub Scooter update #2

Well we have a roller! Rolls well, brake works, no scraping or rubbing noises. Next is a clutch for the Clinton and the belt and chain. Hot days in the garage, but worth the smiles it gives me. Thanks to all. Roger
  7. RogerA

Dinky Cycle (Argyle) Kit on eBay

Mike Guffy is selling these. I bought one, and I'm building now. They are early 60's, cast aluminum frame, made by the Phillip's Conveyor Company of Memphis Missouri. They were called, Argyle Cub, JoyRide, and Dinky Cycle. It's a neat little fold up mini, originally produced for pilots to...
  8. RogerA

Argyle Cub Scooter update #1

I‘be been busy fitting, filing, drilling, and mocking up the Argyle from all the piece. Two hours of bolt shopping and buying at Home Depot helped. I’ve got it so it fits together, and folds up good too. I’ll mount the Clinton engine up next, as it sets the seat height, jack shaft and so...
  9. RogerA

Argyle Cub Mini

I received my “kit” to build an early 60’s folding aluminum mini scooter yesterday. They went by several names, Argyle Cub, JoyRide, Dinky Cycle. I’ll have to find a few parts to complete it, and some drilling and fitting. As most of you know, I’ve wanted one of these since I saw my first...
  10. RogerA

SKAT KITTY and Side Car for sale in Facebook Group

SKAT KITTY with Side Car for sale on Facebook Group "Mini Bikes Only. Buy/Sell/Swap" Posted by Bill Sowders in St. Clair Shores Michigan. Looks like a nice all original bike, but steep at $4500!!!! Here is a link. It might work...
  11. RogerA

Another SKAT KITTY on the Bay

Another nice SKAT KITTY on ebay. In Kings Park New York. Looks to be in decent shape for a 55 year old KITTY. Local pick up, but seller does offer to drop it off at a shipper. @manchester1 serial number is SK65C1393. Here is a link...
  12. RogerA

Skat Kitty with Sidecar on eBay

Nice looking Skat Kitty with sidecar option on eBay. Fully restored and looks GREAT! $3995 buy it now. In Louisville, Kentucky. Does it belong to someone here? http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&toolid=10001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=133715756234
  13. RogerA

A SCAMMER among us. Check it out in the General Classifieds section.

Check out the Argyle Scooter for sale in the General Classifieds sections of the Classified Section. The seller, Bouch8769, is a fraud. His name is Joseph Boucher from Port Jervis New York. We made a deal and I paid him for this scooter by PPFF. Despite many emails asking him to ship the...
  14. RogerA

SKAT KITTY frame and wheels for sale on the bay. Serial SK2777

SKAT KITTY frame and wheels for sale on the bay. Seller is in Kings Park New York, but post states he will ship. Serial number is SK2777. A 1967 or so model I think? It is the later model with the cast in gas tank mount and jack shaft mount. It would also be a disc brake model. Nice...
  15. RogerA

ARGYLE folding aluminum mini bike on eBay

A real neat old mostly aluminum folding mini bike. Has to be 50’s from the look it. Wow! By Creative Industries called an Argyle. I remember going to a Joey Chitwood Auto Trill Show at a county fair in 1959, and show clown rode one of these. Part of the joke was it quit running, would not...
  16. RogerA

SKAT KITTY

Great Skat Kitty in Alpina Michigan, offered at $1500, I'm following it and received a buy it now offer of $1000. Wish I was closer.
  17. RogerA

Old SKAT KITTY Shriner's Clown bike on the Bay!

Neat old Shriner's Clown bike on eBay. Complete with side car and battery operated animated Clown figure!! Just a neat old time capsule piece. I hope whoever buys it just cleans it up some and fixes whatever is wrong with it, and leaves the decades old patina. what a GEM!!!!
  18. RogerA

SKAT KITTY stuff on the bay.

As you can tell by my photo, I enjoy the Skat Kitty mini bikes. I follow them on several forums. All of a sudden there is a LOAD of Skat Kitty stuff on the BAY, including two complete bikes with side cars! Also many hard to find parts and literature and magazine articles too. What a...
  19. RogerA

GOOD NEWS, keeping Skat Kitty!!!!

As I continue to improve after my heart surgery, at the urging of my wife, son, and many of the members here, I have decided to keep my Skat Kitty, move it to Texas with us, and rebuild it after we get set up down there. Thanks to all of you for the prayers, good thoughts, and positive...
  20. RogerA

The BAD NEWS..... Heart Attack!!

My happiness with my Skat Kitty will have to end. I had a heart attack the next week after purchasing it. Next came an attempt to stent, but I was two blocked. So after triple bypass heart surgery of 100%, 85%, and 75% blockages, my outlook on life and projects have changed. Add in the fact...