Search results

1. Backyard Builder

Can I enter the build-off?

Hi all! I have a technical question about the build-off rules. I'd like to enter my "mini from scratch" project in the no limits class. But the problem is that I started working on this project a little bit before the build-off became official. Is it ok anyway to enter the contest?
  2. Backyard Builder

I got a FREE compressor!

I was cleaning the garage today, getting rid of some useless stuff that had been taking room for years and I found a big sheetmetal box far under the stairs. It was heavy and extremely dusty. It had obviously been there for years. I opened the box and... there was an old cast-iron piston...
  3. Backyard Builder

Just got caught by the cops...

I guess it happens to all of us someday... I was just riding my little four-wheeler around the neighborhood, not disturbing anyone. It has the stock muffler and I was going about 15 mph, driving carefully. It's not like if I was going at max speed and sliding everywhere! And the traffic where...
  4. Backyard Builder

Winter fun!

Hi guys! I started to "winterize" my little four wheeler. I got a set of chains from a snowblower and put them on the rear wheels. Chains are mandatory with these tires. I tried without them and the wheels would just keep spinning with the bike standing still! Now it has tons of traction, but...
  5. Backyard Builder

No more welding smoke!

Tired of breathing crap when welding in your garage and you can't open the doors because it's too cold outside? Here's my solution: This is a 1/3 hp blower installed on the ceiling of my garage, with 25 feet of 4" flexible aluminium pipe so I can collect smoke anywhere around the workbench. I...
  6. Backyard Builder

Building a mini from scratch

This is the very beginning of the project: the plan! Today I took some paper, a pencil and a measuring tape and figured out the basic dimensions (picture yourself a guy sitting on a chair driving an imaginary minibike while trying to read the measurements... :out: ) This is the result...
  7. Backyard Builder

My new angle drill

I got this as a birthday present from my parents. I can't wait to try it!!! Very useful for all those places where a regular drill just won't fit:
  8. Backyard Builder

Repairing a classic engine

Hi all! This thread will be dedicated to the repair of an old Briggs & Stratton 6B-S engine. I got this engine for free a while ago. It has very few hours on it (standard bore) and was stored without running for at least the last 25 years! Needless to say, after sitting in a shed for so...
  9. Backyard Builder

New guy here

Hi everyone! This is my first post here, but I've been following discussions for some time. For those who may wonder, yes I was on Bob's 4-cycle before. I guess I'm not the only one to come from Bob's, there's a bunch of familiar names around here. I converted myself to this forum because...