1 inch clutch question

So i bought two 1 in clutches and when they came they are indeed 1 inch looking at the front but turn it around and its got a much smaller bushing clipped into it running almost half way through it. Is this supposed to mount outboard and just hang off the end of the crank? Cuz taking the bushing out seems like its not gonna work. It would be simply the outter bell against the crank. Or is that ok?

This is as far as it goes on the end. A full 4 inches the sprocket sticks out. Id say this was for a stepped crank but it goes from 1 inch to a half inch. I've never seen a crank that goes from 1 inch to a half inch have you?

It's defiantly not a regular clutch... But I'm guessing#40 chain... It needs to be stepped to have 10t for a "1"bore" to happen.

I think these were meant to go on short shaft big block engines. You could always cut the shaft down to fit your application. I have a now one like that and could never use it.

Since it a bit long(and I can't tell from your pic) I would add another bearing to steady the long shaft. Some Briggs have those brass bushing side plate bearings.
That is a cool find though...