1970 Cat 1st Start Video

Got this beauty from Gerry {KustomKart}. Gave it a good cleaning, rebuilt the carburetor {replaced bowl, saved original}, dis-assembled & cleaned/lubed the clutch, did-assembled and cleaned the disc brake, added some fresh gas & oil, and it started on the 4th pull and it runs SWEET! Hadn't been started since the late 70's. I also put a new chain, and a new throttle {preserving the originals}, otherwise it's a 100% stock 1970 400X that runs/rides GREAT! Cat 400X 1st Start Since 1977 - YouTube

Last edited:
That was the prettiest 100% original bike I ever owned...every nut, bolt, washer, cables, grips, tires, seat..ALL original...the candy red paint was unbelievable...not a speck of touch up ...one owner bike.

Has a good home in the Mr Graphic museum.

45t

That was the prettiest 100% original bike I ever owned...every nut, bolt, washer, cables, grips, tires, seat..ALL original...the candy red paint was unbelievable...not a speck of touch up ...one owner bike.

Has a good home in the Mr Graphic museum.
Its cool that they are still out there in that condition. :drool:

Most of the bikes I find locally look like they were drug for a few miles behind a bus or a someone with a torch had a lil to much to drink before working on the bike. :doah:

Most of the bikes I find locally look like they were drug for a few miles behind a bus or a someone with a torch had a lil to much to drink before working on the bike. :doah:
We shop in the same place:laugh:

Beautiful Cat.....Great to hear it running:thumbsup: