1970 Outlaw

kzhorse

Figured I would put this here,I picked up this frame from CL up in York,PA.
I have striped the old paint(Someone painted it blue in the past) Going for as close a green as original as I can find in rattle cans and do the forks in wrinkle black like original.This is the engine That I am going to use unless I find 3 1/2hp before I am done with the frame.The engine is going to be painted black with a jackshaft added for some low end torque if I can figure what sprockets to buy.

1026021558 by kzhorse, on Flickr

1026021557 by kzhorse, on Flickr

1026021558a by kzhorse, on Flickr

1102021545 by kzhorse, on Flickr

1102021545a by kzhorse, on Flickr

Scott

kzhorse

To cold to paint outside so I took them to the shop and painted the frame and forks,And cleaned the engine some more with the presure washer.
The closest I could find to the original color was Keylime trying to figure 40+ years of wear on the original color. I'll pick them up Monday morning on my way to the job,Lighting is bad dont know how the painter could do anythind in the booth.

outlawframekeylime1 by kzhorse, on Flickr

outlawframekeylime by kzhorse, on Flickr

chopperforks by kzhorse, on Flickr

Scott

A lot of companys made chopper mini bikes but yours is one of the better looking ones IMO out there.Those rims would turn out real nice bead blasted then clear coated.I will be watching this thread to see how this one turns out.Nice choice for color,keep up the good work:thumbsup:

kzhorse

A lot of companys made chopper mini bikes but yours is one of the better looking ones IMO out there.Those rims would turn out real nice bead blasted then clear coated.I will be watching this thread to see how this one turns out.Nice choice for color,keep up the good work:thumbsup:
I thought about blasting the wheels but they are so smooth no pitting at all that I hope I can polish them then clear.
The wheels and engine sheet metal are in the dishwasher now trying to get the last of the grease off.

Scott

Who makes a maltese cross/iron cross that would look at home on the fork plate. Think I will build a peace sign with 5/16" rod for the back.

Scott

Started tearing into the engine and painting the small pieces that I could clean and sand up some.

1104021432 by kzhorse, on Flickr

1104021432a by kzhorse, on Flickr
The tires I ordered showed up yesterday,Have to see what it looks like with a matched pair if I dont like it I will get a larger rear tire later.

1104021435 by kzhorse, on Flickr
I think I am going to bead blast the wheels,To much work to get them to shine so I think I will do the pull start housing to match the wheels.

Scott

Those rims turned out fantastic as well as the shroud. That is going to be a nice looker!
Thank you kind sir,I havent forgot about you just tied up with work and other things.I dont like the cold for one and my shed is cold.
I will get your brackets out to you this week,I promise.

Scott