1971 rupp black widow

toomanytoys

mine will be on there Sunday night.

I hope it gets that high.....

900 in it, if I could bring 1200 out of it I'd be doing jumping jacks.

toomanytoys

does yours look like the one in that ad? If so, why would you get rid of it????
Not that perfect. Its been ridden since it was restored. Wrong motor, HS40, but its a newer model power sport with a Tec carb on it the exhaust comes out the wrong side but has a nice ruppparts pipe on it made for that. It has some minor paint damage and lacks orginal tires and such.

The good.

New torque(rupp and a p/n is casted into the driven), new belt, nice chrome, new torque cover, newer motor, brand new carb, nice seat cover(one button missing on the seat pan), tank paint is really nice and spotless inside. Give it a 1 pull 99% of the time, she sits and idles right along warm up and hop on her and go! Nice and smooth.

The bad.

The rims aren't chromed, orginal owner said the chrome was completely gone when he restored the bike so they were blasted and painted, but riding chewed up the paint, frame has some scratching and such from riding. Missing the correct carb, Shocks are incorrect, right lenght but orginals were too soft, I will put the orginals back on before I sell it, front tire needs replaced its dry rotted but the tube holds air and I've been riding around town with it like that.

Plus the orginal owner made it street legal, added lights, and a horn. Didn't modify anything to do it 15 minutes and they could be gone. But I have a clear title for it and its ready to cruise the town.

I know blackwidows didn't come street legal, orginal owner said he wanted to make it street legal since he loved the black widow.

If someone wanted to repaint the frame(tank needs no work), polish the chrome and take the road legal stuff off of it, it would be a top notch bike.

I'll post it up Saturday night, and if no takers by sunday afternoon its going on evilbay.

Getting rid of it because right now I could use the money, wife lost her job and I need some liquid money to work on my other projects. Its either keep the rupp and stop on my other projects or sell it and continue on. I like the Rupp the least out of all of them to ride. It sure is a sweet looking bike, but not a ride like I want. I guess I am a fat tire whore.