1971 Rupp lighted HS40 project

markus

I was redoing this motor off my Rupp But the bike got the axe. It is a 1971 HS40 lighted coil motor. I did not run this motor, but it had good compression and spark. I pulled it apart to just simply go over, paint, and detail. All the parts are there (just realized the starter cup and screen arent in the pics but I have it). block was media and has been lightly painted with Hi temp flat black header paint. Tins were blasted, some parts have been sprayed with etching primer. Intake has been polished up.

Internals of the motor are pretty good, looks like any other used motor I have pulled apart looks like. This is a longcrank ball bearing supported crankshaft motor and it is a True Rupp motor.

At the point where you simply put it back together or make some internal mods, or fresh parts, etc.. I did pull the gov sprocket out. Its there, but will need a fresh c clip if you want to reinstall. Everything will need another good cleaning before assy.

$240 shipped, Rather not part it out but I will do that and list it all on ebay if there are no takers in the next couple of days.