1972 roadster 2 buy

markus

Had to get into 4 digits to get it but it was local at least :doah: So I am broke as a joke, but I got a pretty impressive resto-ed bike with optional dell and straight pipe on it. Guy bought it on a whim a few years ago, seller/restorer crated and shipped it here to FL for him. he rode it once and then it has sat in the garage ever since. Its dirty from sitting and few things need repolished but whoever did it did a nice job and had some nice NOS parts to work with :thumbsup:

Put some gas in tank and air in the tires and it fired right up!!! made a couple of quick passes but want to look it over real good before I put any time on it. makes good power with the dell!! gotta figure out how to dial it in but idles great and pulls really hard, just does not like to have the throttle pulled more than 3/4. has ALOT of low end grunt, not used to that on a mini!!!

Very nice bike Marcus, I'm jealous. Thought I had one bought on a tip from a friend who worked with the original owner. The bike was identical to yours and unrestored for $1150 (kept indoors in his finished basement for last 35years) . I called the owner agreed on a price, hung up the phone and a buddy and I drove an hour and a half to his house. After ringing the doorbell,he sent his wife out to tell us he changed his mind and was not going to sell it. To say the least I was disappointed and a little miffed. Told my friend who worked with the guy to see if he could find out why he changed his mind. He admitted to my friend that another guy called right after me and offered him $200 dollars more. The man didn't have enough consideration to at least call me back so I didn't make the drive. He was defiantly not a man of his word!

Yep...That's a nice-un!....sometimes you just have to step up and pay for the good stuff...I don't think you'll regret it. Congrats!

markus

thanks everyone :thumbsup: I could not resist and took it out for a nice long ride a little while ago again and played with the needle a little. It really is a nice rider better than any of the other 12" rupps I have had in the past. But I will admit I prefer the 10" 1970 roadster over the roadster2 though looks wise. I was really excited when the guy had called me as he said he had a 1969 restored roadster to sell! Kinda bummed when he sent the pic and it was this one :confused:

Vic, I guess if I put the rod though the case I will spring for a billet one at that time.....along with some JB weld :scared: For now I think I'll write "connecting rod" in marker on a piece of tape and stick it to the top of the headlight bucket to keep me in check :laugh:

Rupp 72

:thumbsup:nice very nice:thumbsup::scooter: Are you gonna slap a billet rod in?
not trying to hijack the thread, but where can you get hs40 billet rods? does anybody on the site have/make them?

anyway, awesome score Marcus! those bikes are a blast to ride and the dellorto really bumps up the performance :thumbsup:

markus

not trying to hijack the thread, but where can you get hs40 billet rods? does anybody on the site have/make them?

anyway, awesome score Marcus! those bikes are a blast to ride and the dellorto really bumps up the performance :thumbsup:
thanks, i'm having some fun with it already, just went for an evening cruise through the hood on it. Its a bit loud for low key cruising though :doah:

The billet rods are for the OHV techs from ARC, dipper location can cause some issues though depending on angle and governor and needs a little modding but the length and bores are correct for the hs 40/50's

Markus, I wondered what ever happened to that bike... I restored it for my wife to ride about 5 years ago, but she preferred her Arctic Cat because it was "quiet". I sold it and shipped it to Florida and never heard anything more from the buyer. I think the purple was the best color on the Roadsters. Hopefully you'll ride it and make some noise.

Bill
:scooter:

fistfullabar

Markus, I wondered what ever happened to that bike... I restored it for my wife to ride about 5 years ago, but she preferred her Arctic Cat because it was "quiet". I sold it and shipped it to Florida and never heard anything more from the buyer. I think the purple was the best color on the Roadsters. Hopefully you'll ride it and make some noise.

Bill
You do very nice work sir:thumbsup:

markus

Bill
:thumbsup: he had me stumped, he kept saying you/it came from NC area. Only person I could think of that had some pretty quality stuff at that time coming out of there was pretty much Fox campus only so I was not sure.

Its a beautiful bike, I was shocked to see it. When he called he just said he had a restored 1969 rupp he wanted to sell. I get that line all the time, when they send me the pic is usually a freshly spraypainted over 1980's Manco with 2hp briggs off an old edger rigged on it.......I about fell out of my chair when he sent me the pics :laugh:

Jamie1972

Awesome!

Had to get into 4 digits to get it but it was local at least :doah: So I am broke as a joke, but I got a pretty impressive resto-ed bike with optional dell and straight pipe on it. Guy bought it on a whim a few years ago, seller/restorer crated and shipped it here to FL for him. he rode it once and then it has sat in the garage ever since. Its dirty from sitting and few things need repolished but whoever did it did a nice job and had some nice NOS parts to work with :thumbsup:

Put some gas in tank and air in the tires and it fired right up!!! made a couple of quick passes but want to look it over real good before I put any time on it. makes good power with the dell!! gotta figure out how to dial it in but idles great and pulls really hard, just does not like to have the throttle pulled more than 3/4. has ALOT of low end grunt, not used to that on a mini!!!
Alright Markus,
Now.....put it in the truck and I'll meet you in the parking lot in Windber Pa
On Father's Day weekend, we'll ride together in the parade!

markus

some shots after a detailing, fixing a couple little things, and rebuilding the carb. You'll notice the plug wire off, I pulled it when I detailed it the other day. I knew it and kept saying "dont forget to put that wire back on. Well I must have pulled the rope 30 times today and whole lot of bitching and moaning....THEN I remembered the wire was off :eek:ut: :laugh:

That looks awesome Markus:drool: Your the pro at detailing. :thumbsup: I did the same thing with the spark plug wire the other day on my tom thumb:doah::laugh:

This IS a very nice bike. BUT every time I see one no matter how nice I can't help but being drawn to that rear fender. Really?? What were they thinking? Guessing it was either an after thought or leftovers-still not sure.

Sorry Buddy not picking on you or your bike-it just happens to be the object of my attention at the moment. Guess it's a Rupp trademark or something-

Again-Sorry but I guess Rupp just got lazy in the END. Rear End that is-