2 2hp briggs engines

how much would it cost to ship one of those?
im in california and i NEED somethin that has better get up and go than the stock 97cc
would the 2hp would be any better?

This guy with the motors must have fell out:doah: ... The 2hp engines are ok un-governed ...( Older types are best for their vintage type carb and tank set-up) ... But you can blow em quick ... You can get em goin quick but let off before you wind em up too much ... Make sure when you come across one that it has an out-put shaft over 2 " ... I've seen many with short cranks which are useless ... (learned from experience) ... After digging several out of my friends shop (Thought I hit the jackpot) ... I came across a Red Wasp...Got me good ... Cost me a 911 trip (Anaphylactic shock) and 2500.00 and all for some no-good short cranked 2hp Briggs ... I'll never forget it ... :censure:

This should win Dumb :censure: of the year ...

oh :censure: i forgot about this thread the engines are at my grand parents house and they are out of town so i cant really tell you guys much about them. other than they are un governed, Old but run well, and they need a new paint job.

I have an old 2 hp that doesnt have a govenor to begin with.
I have 3 of them...2 long cranks and one :censure:'in short crank...Amongst the many other Briggs I have...All 3 are governed ...And if I could get this site to accept my pics I would show ya ... Bro

Steve

Last edited:
Why are they useless? Don't they have a threaded hole on the end of the shaft?
None of mine are ... But would you bolt a clutch on to a short crank if it left a gap of around a 1/2" between the bolt and washer and the clutch?? :doah: ... Not me ... Then depending on what type of clutch you have some are only slotted at the crank end of the clutch to accept the keyway ... You would have to have a clutch that was slotted all the way through ... Maybe if you fabricated a spacer to make up the gap along with the right clutch it could work ... If I wasn't clear enough before I mean't the (short crank) itself is useless ... The parts are what I'm after (carb/tank etc.) ... Now if you need a good engine for your edger .. Stick a belt type pulley on it and have at it ... They are good for something ...