2011 mini-bike madness drags/billetproof Lakeland Florida Oct. 23rd

Thank you, that is perfect! And oh yea, some nice bikes, good looking build quality!

Jake, that bend over the engine is sweet, as our the 2 engine and the trike - and a Murray, with whitewalls no less!

When you guys say SoFl, how south are you talking?
The event was in Central Florida, but several of the guys came from South Florida, just north of Miami.

Inspiration for my Murray came from my Cadillac, which was also there:

Yup, Kenny and I live in West Palm, about an hour north of Miami and KB is about another half hour north of us. As far as I know we were the only ones that showed up from down here.

There were a bunch more bikes there than just the guys on this thread though. I don't think a lot of them are members.

Thank you, that is perfect! And oh yea, some nice bikes, good looking build quality!

Jake, that bend over the engine is sweet, as our the 2 engine and the trike - and a Murray, with whitewalls no less!

When you guys say SoFl, how south are you talking?
Thanks Paul! That bend is actually the top tube of a ladies huffy cruiser bicycle turned upside down and spliced in. The way it follows the line of the V-Twin was kinda one of those "happy accidents", but it's one of my favorite parts of the bike.

Believe it or not, all I originally set out to do was put your brackets on to extend the rear and build up one of the 6.5 clones we had laying around.

I guess the old man and I got a little carried away after that.

gbabins1

I live just about 35 minutes north of Tampa.... as soon as I get my pics uploaded I'll post them. My wife said she took some pictures and videos as well ... I have yet to see them though.

markus

Kenny from over my way didn't bring a bike to ride, he did bring his camera though and shot a cool video of the event both the cars and bikes. Most everyones bikes are in there, including some of the runs down the track:thumbsup:

gbabins1

I finally pulled the video's off the wife's camera.... I'm uploading them to You Tube right now. Most of the picture she took weren't too good, but a few good videos.
Seth (my son) vs Charles
Lakeland Billet Proof Drags 2011 - YouTube

Hellaslow vs Dave from Florida
Lakeland Billet Proof mini bike drags 2011 - YouTube

Square Chopper vs KennyP
Lakeland Billet Proof drags 2011 - YouTube

Myself vs Seth ( I'd rather not post this vid and you'll see why when you watch it) trial gearing with the JS setup. :doah:

Lakeland Billet Proof 2011 mini bike races - YouTube

KB2ROCKET

In the past i havent been real good at finishing projects so for me finishing my tractor trike and making a run with it was a personal victory now i am commited to a rather large project for next year its a triple engine 1960 kart i figure if i just make slow consistant progress that i should be able to finish it in time. I just finished the restoration of the karts rack and pinion im happy with how it came out i have coated the gears with a dry film lube in hopes of not having to run messy grease

Man that video of me and Hella is pathetic :( My clutch and our motor issues really prevented us from making a good showing, but we still had plenty of fun.

Sadly I have been so busy with school and VW stuff we haven't touched the bikes since unloading them, but we will be ready for Billetproof Gainesville in March.