212 Predator Governer Removal?

Danny01

I'm getting my billet parts in about 1-2 weeks... I wanted to remover the governer but didn't want to take out the whole linkage... I can just take the little plastic gear out correct?

CarPlayLB

nope! Do it right one time! When you open the case for the rod install, you will see the other parts! You can knock the gear pin in the case from under the flywheel and remove the arm from the top of the case. I tap these 1/4-20 and plug them. You can also take the low oil sensor out at that time. Remember, the more you leave in there, the more that can go wrong!

2SlickNick

^^^ Agreed
I tap my gov arm holes too. You can also use a self threading bolt or you could even use some jb weld - I have done all three methods and all those engines are still going.
If you use jb weld put some tape on the bottom of the hole ( so it does not get in engine) and fill it with jb weld, let a little bit mushroom over the top so it provides an anchor.

Danny01

nope! Do it right one time! When you open the case for the rod install, you will see the other parts! You can knock the gear pin in the case from under the flywheel and remove the arm from the top of the case. I tap these 1/4-20 and plug them. You can also take the low oil sensor out at that time. Remember, the more you leave in there, the more that can go wrong!
okay, I will... I was planning on taking the low oil sensor out anyway... so should I buy a throttle linkage, or can I just connect it directly to the hand throttle on the engine?