212cc won't idle

I bought the stage 1 kit for it, so air filter and jet were replaced. The little butterfly mechanism on the carb doesn't snap shut when I let off the throttle. I disconnected the throttle line to make sure it wasn't causing it to hold the throttle open, so that's not the issue. Any ideas?

I can manually push the control arm forward, causing the butterfly mechanism to close all the way and idle, it if I don't push it forward, then it'll stayed rev'd at low RPMs

It's one of two things:

1) The governor arm needs to be adjusted - here are instructions for a honda gx100 the principle is the same.

2) Your governor is malfunctioning internally. The weights may be stuck, the arm that goes through the case may be binding, or some other thing causing it to not return to idle.

Note: it is normal for the butterfly on the carburetor to be in a 3/4 open position until the engine starts but it should snap shut once started. If not it is most likely one of the above.

It's one of two things:

1) The governor arm needs to be adjusted - here are instructions for a honda gx100 the principle is the same.

2) Your governor is malfunctioning internally. The weights may be stuck, the arm that goes through the case may be binding, or some other thing causing it to not return to idle.

Note: it is normal for the butterfly on the carburetor to be in a 3/4 open position until the engine starts but it should snap shut once started. If not it is most likely one of the above.
Good info. Ill play with it a bit tonight and see if I can get it working properly. Thank you!

So my solution wont be the most popular and the reason wont settle well with most of you... I just grabbed an extra spring I had and used it to pull resistance on the opposite side of the control arm... The reason; Im so don't messing with this bike... It has been a headache since day one and im done putting any additional effort into it. I will be posting it on CL later and it will go bye-bye.

Thank you all for the help.

So my solution wont be the most popular and the reason wont settle well with most of you... I just grabbed an extra spring I had and used it to pull resistance on the opposite side of the control arm... The reason; Im so don't messing with this bike... It has been a headache since day one and im done putting any additional effort into it. I will be posting it on CL later and it will go bye-bye.

Mini bikes are a little like snowmobiles. If you didn't enjoy always having to tinker with them you probably wouldn't own one...

Good luck with your sale.

buckeye

So true.
As soon as one thing is fixed or seems to be, eight other things mess up.
Try keeping up with more than five...

Part of it man.
What ya selling?:laugh:

All my other bikes have been fine. This was just a chore from the get go. Lots of customization and trial/error to get it running right. I enjoy tinkering, but I enjoy riding more and this bike has kept me from doing that since I started.