2hp briggs? ok for small kids minibike? What is C.V.?

No.
HP means nothing other than it may not have the power to pull you around in the grass but a 40 lb kid can hit 30mph with that 2hp .

It is all about teaching the kids how to ride and if this is a first time mini I suggest full gear and all the bolt on gaurds you can install around the chain exaust ect.

I also suggest a engin kill tether as I have seen a happy kid smash into the side of a truck as he did not understand what a throttle and brake is .

nothing will make you feel like hell than watching a child hurt themselves on your mini!

Yeah they get excited when there is nothing holding them down... It's actually not a good idea to run them unbolted because they can bounce around and break the block.. :confused: Thats on concrete or something and doesn't happen SUPER often but still is not a good practice.. I always take mine outside and sit them on the ground to test run them... You can C-Clamp them to your bench but that usually makes the whole bench jump around... :doah: a 2 horse probably wouldn't but and 11 horse will be throwing wrenches everywhere.. :lol:

I can get a cheap 2hp, would it be okay for 4-7 year olds?

Also it says 2HP and C.V. on it, what is C.V.?
My 6yo daughter learned on a stock DB last spring, she now rides BirdWren with a 3hp B&S and I had to put a stop on the throttle due to the incresed power! She will twist that throttle and has the need for speed! IMO a 2hp is perfect for the kids ages and you got a good one! I am putting a nice little 2.5 B&S that is probable closer to 3hp as it was bored out some and has a 3hp piston it is a HD one with a 3/4 shaft, I am putting it on a Cat300x and it should carry me @ 200+ pounds! It did on my son's bobber project that now has a 3.5 on it!
Here it is on the bobber
Here is it's future home!
Good luck with your project!