3 hp help

I bought this motor several years ago at a yardsale, thinking I'd eventually put it on a bike or go cart. I recently pulled it out of storage and found that it has a thread crankshaft instead of a keyed shaft. The engine has never been used or even so much as started. Wondering if I should sell it to someone in need of this type of motor, or should I swap the crankshaft. Or maybe even part it out? Any help would be appreciated.

markus

what are the engine numbers on it, specifically the year:shrug: Depending on what they are I would be an interested buyer as I have gold/copper shortblock with 3/4" BB crank I was going to be utilizing very soon for a build....I woudl not have to paint :laugh:

So I've acquired a crank for this engine(thanks Eric) while I have it apart, is there anything else I should do to gain a little power? Any free power hiding inside that I'm unaware of?

CarPlayLB

Nope! You can shave the head down a bit, but not a lot can be done cheaply to a 3HP Briggs. They are good running little engines.

...and I hear that Eric guy is an ass!