30 series Comet Driver vs Chinese .... 1 pic ...

I have 2 identical Hilltoppers, I put new Chinese 30 series Tavs on both.
They are street legal and get rode on the street at full speed, 35/40 mph.

Mine was fine ... my wifes had some vibration.
it was recomended that I get the comet TAV spray lube.

After applying it the vibration was still there.
I swapped some old parts bac in from the original Cat99 Tav, the vibration was gone but the Tav was back to being grabby witch is why I replaced them.

I did notice that the new Chinese Tavs came with what looks like the Comet lube already on them.

Rather than buy another Chinese Driver I bought a genuine Comet Driver, $69 delivered.
The vibration was gone. I would say its as smooth or smoother than the Chinese Tav on my bike.

Interesting note .. the Comet Tav did not have any of the Comet lube on it from the factory. I did put it on before using it.
Also the Chinese Tavs are a shiny whereas the Comet is a black-ish finish.

When its time to spend money on a Tav again I would likely buy a Comet.

Itype2slo

Did you put on new belts too? Sometimes I put on a new belt and after the 1st use there is belt residue everywhere. But after clean up all is good it doesn't do it until I change the belt again. Might be belt dust.

Thanks for posting this information Kevin. That is good test data that could be very useful and educational to others, (for example, me!). That is a very good price for a new genuine Comet driver and not THAT much more than the China-made unit.
Michael

Did you put on new belts too? Sometimes I put on a new belt and after the 1st use there is belt residue everywhere. But after clean up all is good it doesn't do it until I change the belt again. Might be belt dust.
Both bikes had Cat99's so Tavs (Drivers and Driven) and belts got replaced with 30 series pieces.

Cat99 and 30 series are the same with the exception of belt width, Cat99 = 5/8" wide on top, 30 series is 3/4".

While I did go with the Chinese Tavs I bought Genuine Comet Belts.

Thanks for posting this information Kevin. That is good test data that could be very useful and educational to others, (for example, me!). That is a very good price for a new genuine Comet driver and not THAT much more than the China-made unit.
Michael
I had read here that people were having great luck with the Chinese Tav setups but the belts were sketchy.

If the wife and I just trail rode and never got up to top speed we likely wouldnt have noticed a difference between Chinese and Comet.