30 series torque converter driver problem

I recently acquired two 30 series asymmetrical drivers, the old one is missing a few small parts, and the one is perfect except for one small problem.........if you would refer to the pic:http://www.comettorqueconverters.com/asymapp.htm < (1/3 the way down the page) Part number 8, is suppose to slide on part number 4. correct? well. I can't get it out(part number4). it's quite stuck/rusted in there, which is odd. cause the rest of it's not rusty at all:hammer: The old one is all there except it's a really odd design, it uses a entirely different hub system and the movable face, rides and uses for power transfer 4 ball bearings(missing), that slip into indentations in the hub:confused: (btw it could use some new springs to) The is my first hands on experience with torque converters so any information/ help would be appreciated

Last edited:

125ccCrazy

I recently acquired two 30 series asymmetrical drivers, the old one is missing a few small parts, and the one is perfect except for one small problem.........if you would refer to the pic:30 Series Comet Torque Converters for Go Karts & Mini Bikes < (1/3 the way down the page) Part number 8, is suppose to slide on part number 4. correct? well. I can't get it out(part number4). it's quite stuck/rusted in there, which is odd. cause the rest of it's not rusty at all:hammer: The old one is all there except it's a really odd design, it uses a entirely different hub system and the movable face, rides and uses for power transfer 4 ball bearings(missing), that slip into indentations in the hub:confused: (btw it could use some new springs to) The is my first hands on experience with torque converters so any information/ help would be appreciated
what exactly do you need information on?? pics of the clutches with questions to the particular problem will help.... As far as the one with the rusted center hub I'd suggest soaking it in PB Blaster for a day and then gently tap it out with a brass rod or drift so you don't damage it...

I'll get some pics latter, but to answer your question.
Is the peice(part number 4) I'm trying to remove suppose to come out like I think it does? and were can I get parts for the old driver. thanks.

125ccCrazy

I'll get some pics latter, but to answer your question.
Is the peice(part number 4) I'm trying to remove suppose to come out like I think it does? and were can I get parts for the old driver. thanks.
yes the center hub is a seperate piece, it's a fairly tight fit so any rust will make it hard to get out, just soak it and lightly tap it and it should come out, after that clean it with a wire wheel or steel wool....