4 inch steel wheels for lil indian

Are the wheels you are looking for Lil Indian specific? I have a set of 4 inch steel wheels but not sure what they came off of. Do you have a picture of what you are looking for?

delray

hey mark, i got pair like that too......:thumbsup: i like how the center comes out for the bearings. i can't remember what they came off:shrug: older hand cart or something? see them in 4 and 5inch before. i think i am going to say they came off a old ariens riding lawnmower(front)......:shrug:help me out?????

Not too sure what they came off of? I got one loose, and another came on my Ruttman.

So are these the wheels you are looking for, Kyle?

looking for a nice set of 4 inch steel wheels for lil indian build
I have some, or some copycat close ones.. I can't remember, but I'll dig them out and see whats up..

Are the wheels you are looking for Lil Indian specific? I have a set of 4 inch steel wheels but not sure what they came off of. Do you have a picture of what you are looking for?
Lil Indian didn't spend 575,000 dollars on a Stamping press and dies and stuff just to make their own wheel.. :thumbsup: Minibike companies just bought what was around at the time.. I actually found a BEAUTIFUL set on an olllllld ass handcart at the junkyard..

The beauty of finding wheels like THAT, is the fact that there is absolutely NO wear to the tread, on the period correct 1956 hand cart Carlisle Indian Head Sawtoofs..

You guys should search the pics for stuff, Either Randy or I may have a pic of them exploded.. They are a 4 inch split wheel, valve stem centered, use a regular tapered wheel bearing on a race like an 86 Chevy Astro-hole van or something would have, and they are heavy as a bitch.. stamped out of like 1 inch plate steel.. :mellow:

Well, maybe not that thick.. :laugh:

pretty close though.. :mellow:

....I can relate to that.
They are not easy to find.. :laugh:

But all the ones I do, are on some kind of 50 year old dolly or cart or something from a factory in the scrap pile and I go like :eek:hmy: THANK YOU Jebus.. :bowdown:

Last edited: