420 Chain

Looking for good 420 chain. Like everything else there is good, better and best. BUT which chain really is a good long lasting quality chain?

As always, Thanks!

Doug

Hent

In the larger sizes there aren't too m=any choices for quality. Raskin pointed out a good one. We have some on clearance, it's decent chain, but not premium chain. I haven't found the larger sizes to stretch as much as the cheaper #35 chains.

Looking for good 420 chain. Like everything else there is good, better and best. BUT which chain really is a good long lasting quality chain?

As always, Thanks!

Doug

In the larger sizes there aren't too m=any choices for quality. Raskin pointed out a good one. We have some on clearance, it's decent chain, but not premium chain. I haven't found the larger sizes to stretch as much as the cheaper #35 chains.
I guess I need a link please sir... I cant find anything on the site....

Thanks,

Doug

Also looking for a good 420 chain tool. I see all kinds and prices on Ebay... Suggestions?

Another Question... O-ring or non O-ring????? :shrug:

Last edited:
I bought a breaker tool...the pin is long and it bends a little so i cut off shorter..i will say wish i would have bought one with a T handle instead of having to use wrench and maybe one that has or offers both #35 and #420 pins ....you probably break a lot of chain so that what is would suggest..a brand?!? no real clue myself..cheers..i know i respond alot ..i don't work and just mostly tinker and play all day and tablet surf.when i relax...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Non-o ring chain has less roll resistance but will wear sprockets out faster according to sources..used mostly by racers that change sprockets ..they just want the edge..i researched before coz i wanted to know myself....best o-ring chains have no seam..solid roller

Last edited: