5 hp briggs wont idle

I have cleaned the carb, swapped the coil, cleaned the spark plug. The only things I can think of would be a worn head gasket ( not sure of the symptoms).

just swapped the head gasket, and it still wont stay idling. I had the carb tuned at 1 1/2 turns out and it was idling fine before. My friend road it offroad and it stopped idling. I am thinking that the gas tank needs to be cleaned but it ran fine before. not sure what is wrong with it you guys have any ideas? thanks for the replies.

buckeye

Take a pic of your carb. May not matter but, have ya checked your coil gap. Business card thickness. Have ya ran a tiny thin wire through the jet holes?
Confused....

I cleaned my carb with compressed air, cleaned the pick up tube, put some thin wire through the jet i used a feeler gauge and set my coil at .20 i believe, its thinner than a business card. changed the carb to tank gasket, carb to block gasket. I checked my diaphram and it looks fine. I am not sure what happened but the motor was running fine and then all of a sudden it wouldnt stay idling. it starts up fine, revs up fine and will stay running on as long as I keep giving it gas. thanks for the replies

Cracked pick up tube? Might not be who ugh vacuum at idle to keep the primer bowl in the tank full. Does it die right away or trail off and stall?

I took my carb apart again today and cleaned it very well. cleaned the gas tank, changed the diaphragm and tried starting the engine. it started up fine again , revved up fine but it still would not idle on its own. i then drained the oil and took off the side cover and everything looked fine(the cam dots were lined up and nothing was loose). i also took the head off to check if my valves were sealing. to do this i closed the valves and tried sticking a .015 feeler gauge underneath and it would not go in , so the valves were sealing well.do you guys have any idea what may be going on? thanks for the replies.

buckeye

PICTURE!! You need to show a PICTURE.
I think you missing a screw or your likage is jacked up.

Or,if ya have a truck....

I had it going good but I rode it offroad and it stopped idling again. I noticed that the ball in the ball valve on the gas tank is not there anymore would this have anything to do with it?