52 years later

I suspect some folks on here have a nostalgic streak that is as strong as mine. I have posted a picture of my cousin and me alongside his old Cushman many years ago on several threads. My goal has always been to find another Cushman and recreate that old memory. He suffered a stroke many years ago (1986) and has not been able to work since. This summer I found an old Cushman on craigslist that was in Fargo. I went down one evening and bought it, although he could not get it to run and the thing had a very bad "restoration". Although it did not take to long to get running well, the body needed some attention. I took off the front fender and the rear trunk and had a local body shop do the repairs and the paint. The rims were bent and I had to buy one and I was able to straighten one. It rides nice and will do 40 on the road. Today turned out to be a great day for both Dan and myself. Just don't look too closely at the receding hairlines and the protruding bellies:laugh: The pictures will give you an idea what I had started my world of 2 wheeled adventures on and where it has taken me today. The old pic is one my mom took when they came to pick me up from spending a few days at my cousins. The next ones will show the before and after of my current Cushman Highlander 721 sitting in the same spot in the yard.

Last edited: