5hp briggs flathead

I have a 5hp briggs flathead on my manco minibike. Im having trouble making a good throttle to go with it because i threw out the governor and throttle linkages 3 years ago (i know im an idiot)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I bought a raptor carb throttle setup that wont fit on my carb that i have now. Should i get a raptor carb or instead make a throttle setup

rmm727

Is your flathead a fun power? Those use a different setup I believe. What Buckeye posted works very well if you have the carb pictured.

I have a black briggs with a 2003 california emissions sticker on it so it must be from that time. The carb i have is not the one listed. I did buy the throttle setup above.

rmm727

You need the other setup. One place I knew that sold them used to be Northern Tool. It attaches below your fuel tank. I don't believe it disables the governor.

joshua. c.

most of that setup will work on the newer briggs 5hp flip choke carb but the spring wont so you will need to rig up a return spring setup. iv seen pictures of it done. also the stock air filter will have to be removed and replaced by one that dosn't cover the new throttle arm. you should also put a billet flywheel and rod in that engine for saftey before you run it.