6.5 NR race engine + Promod JS = wheelie machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratbike

i have to disagree with you there. once you start modding it gets expensive pretty quick.

I mean in relation to other motorsport hobbies...like cars , motorcycles...etc..I just ordered NR 's pkg 3 motor for a racing kart I have...thinking I may put it on a mini later this summer though.:hammer:

I mean in relation to other motorsport hobbies...like cars , motorcycles...etc..I just ordered NR 's pkg 3 motor for a racing kart I have...thinking I may put it on a mini later this summer though.:hammer:
I wonder how fast your bike would go with that motor :). Btw will them NR Racing motors fit on our bikes without making any changes?

Changing your gear ratio does not in any way "de-tune" your engine. Anyone who has been involved with any kind of racing or performance tuning will agree that matching your gearing to the track or what you want your vehicle to do is the key to being "fast". The favorite question repeated over and over on this forum is "How Fast is it"! This is a pretty open question. There are two types of fast. One being acceleration and the other being top speed. Drag Race two equal bike's that have no gearbox, One geared for max acceleration, One geared for max top speed. You can then pretty much determine the winner by the length of the track. And it's up to you to decide which one is tuned properly and more fun to ride.

Changing your gear ratio does not in any way "de-tune" your engine. Anyone who has been involved with any kind of racing or performance tuning will agree that matching your gearing to the track or what you want your vehicle to do is the key to being "fast". The favorite question repeated over and over on this forum is "How Fast is it"! This is a pretty open question. There are two types of fast. One being acceleration and the other being top speed. Drag Race two equal bike's that have no gearbox, One geared for max acceleration, One geared for max top speed. You can then pretty much determine the winner by the length of the track. And it's up to you to decide which one is tuned properly and more fun to ride.
Its the Fast or Quick thing ,, Again :wink:

ok, i get it. FOR THE RECORD, i was not/am not taking a pot shot at your jackshaft. I don't own one. If I had a problem with it I.E. PROMOD JACKSHAFT you would be the first to know.

I WAS CRANKING HERE KEY WORD here the fact that your buddy is busting hp balls when motors in this very thread go just as fast if not faster. The PROMOD JACKSHAFT has a reputation of itself.

Life's a beach.......

This thread started by someone wanting to share his experience and his project.
It escalated from there to him being told how to ride and the insinuation that he
de-tuned his bike. I did not see any ball busting. Looks to me like what started as a good thread left him defending himself.
I try my best to not give into personal attacks. But when members clearly dis-credit one another for some kind of personal satisfaction on this forum it takes the fun out of it.
As a business owner and advertiser on this forum I especially do not want to give into the child's play. But once in awhile I will in defense of someone or something. My apology for poking fun at your eye blink comment.
Anyway....... If this forum de-grades to one that has nothing but heckler's on board no one is going to want join, post new threads or advertise new products on it.
As far as who's bike is faster debate's. That's why they invented Racing

insinuating what??? What war are we in now? Real cute on the eye blink comment, very mature. Hecklers, OMG you need to come over the dark side, i.e: the rest of the forum. Guys/gals what ever you do if you want to advertise or become a SUPPORTING MEMBER do it because that's what you want to do. Love debates, where is this one taking place? Cheers.....oh and my question to the original poster stands third parties hallelujahs are still cool though.

Last edited:
alright... as OP i'll address this rationally.. olajoe, i didnt 'detune' my bike?? since when is a change of gearing mean i no longer have 12.2hp??? im using the power differently... if you have long stretches of straight roads, more power to you on the top speed :eek:) i live in an area with hills and a decent amount of trails to ride; why would i want or be able to use much more than 40mph?? i have a real size track bike for speed and power.. this is a toy to me, and i want FUN. i dont think going fast down the street for 5 minutes is as much fun as popping wheelies or having the low torque to trail ride. if my definition of that is absurd to you or useless, i apologize (not really though). As far as promod Brad - we are brothers from another mother!! he suggested this gearing and it's fun for all! the point of this thread was to share an experience with a true wheelie monster DB. i wanted to tell ppl what to expect with some power and low gearing.. maybe i'll satisfy you speed hungry guys and gear it up and post my top speed?? i have no problem with playing; that's what this site and all of us SHOULD be about after all :2guns:

i'd love for all of us to ride together and switch bikes on and off, and just get a feel for eachother's set up?? it's basically like evolution - our bikes are set up for our environments... olajoe, you'd kill me on a straight away flat; until it starts going up hill and i smack you on your butt as i got by ya! muuuuhahahahahhhhaaaaa

that would never happen. You see it over and over here, guys say they racing 150hp bikes then getting tossed off a mini with a snow blower machine. Sounds like you having a real blast with that JS system, good times for sure. Welcome aboard and when you get a chance pics and vids always a hit. There's nothing to prove other then can you smile on camera.

Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.