66 Dodge A100

My future minibike hauler A 1966 Dodge A100 170 slant 6 with a 3 on the tree, yes it is A slow work in progress. Sanding and dents are coming along slowly waiting to get gas tank cleaned and coated, than the brakes and about a dozen more project before it's ready for the car and minibike shows (yeah I wish). Color choices are white ( ugh ) , silver, gold, or blue. Easier to work on minibikes but i'll get it finished :shrug:

well it looks alot better then a friends van the mrklv as he called it the murder rape kidnapping larceny van . a baby blue windowless cargo van . as baby blue or white is the most common color of killers rides :laugh:

needs some work but youll get it all decked out :thumbsup:

delray

cool van bobscooters.....:thumbsup:

seen the litlle red truck run back in the day.........:thumbsup:union grove wis, dragway

buckeye

Saw the Little Red Wagon at Norwalk. Back in the day,I wanted one of those. Still do.
Also would love a old van. Brings back Cheech and Chong memories. Open the side door and out rolls about 10 teenagers and a cloud of smoke.

When i was a kid we used to go fishing in subury canada every year.rode on the engine cover between the seats for hundreds of miles.
Also seen the little red wagon at motorcity dragway.grew up less than a mile away and would sneak in every sunday.

:laugh: That thing is cool as a bitch.. I've had a lot of old 60's 70's Chryslers with the 195 and 225 motors in them.. Man they are pretty good on gas really for what they are.. Not a lot of power, but that three speed is geared low as hell.. Like it will probably have PLENTYof power for pulling a trailer or bucking a head wind with that big ole sail of a nose.. :laugh:

But I think if it's gonna be more the putt putt car, drive around, haul a few mini's maybe now and again.. And plan to really drive it...

I think I'd look into slightly higher gears... 66-slant-6-3-spd equals a top speed of about 55 miles per hour.. :mellow:

But I'd think it COULD GO like 75 under it's own power probably anyways, and might try aiming for that..:shrug:

But hell yes.. That's a bad ass cruiser.. :laugh:

My future minibike hauler A 1966 Dodge A100 170 slant 6 with a 3 on the tree, yes it is A slow work in progress. Sanding and dents are coming along slowly waiting to get gas tank cleaned and coated, than the brakes and about a dozen more project before it's ready for the car and minibike shows (yeah I wish). Color choices are white ( ugh ) , silver, gold, or blue. Easier to work on minibikes but i'll get it finished :shrug:
I love those things! My friend John Clark here in Michigan has one with a 340 4 speed in it and the 340 stripes. It was actually in the background on an episode of Gearz

When I was in high school a buddy of mine had a Ford window van like that, it was yellow and we call it the Magic Bus :thumbsup: I went to high school in the late 70's (hint hint hint) :doah:

TomH

If you are sticking with the drum brakes, you might have to get them relined. I think you can still get the wheel cylinders. I have had the best luck at N.A.P.A. when you can get a guy to look in the old books instead of the computer.

I love those things! My friend John Clark here in Michigan has one with a 340 4 speed in it and the 340 stripes. It was actually in the background on an episode of Gearz

My buddy had a van that someone chopped into a flatbed type of thing.. Ya know how people do?? With the smallest short box 1/2 ton van, then stuck a 340 in it...

Fastest car I've ever been in... It's pretty scary sitting RIGHT THERE nest to a Chrysler small block turning 6,500 in second gear going 20 miles per hour with the rear tires on fire... and this 340 Going RAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with no doghouse... Just you and a motor about to come undone...

And mike over here one hand on the steering wheel, one hand beating on the carb with a screwdriver.. :glare:

My future minibike hauler A 1966 Dodge A100 170 slant 6 with a 3 on the tree...
Sweet! :thumbsup: An A100 pickup truck is right at the top of my list for when I win the lottery (well, maybe after the '68 Charger). I would prefer V8, AT w/the 8-ball shifter on the dashboard. Here is a pic of the van my friend's dad bought brand new. Pic is from '68 or '69. That's my uncle on the Lil Indian.

The foward control vans have a following much like minibikes, I always wanted one as a teen but knew if I had pulled up to pickup my than girlfriend in one it would surely be my last ( yes her mother:eek: ) they are fun to drive and yes a 170 slant 6 is about 55-70 mph with the wind at your back.