70's Herters FOR SALE

Tikker

Rebuilt Herters.
On to another project.......
For sale, 70's era "old school" midsize minibike, a Herters Trail I.
Frame up revamp, sandblasted to bare metal and repainted.
NEW 196cc (6.5hp) clone Honda (8 hours on engine), PMR jackshaft with 13-15 tooth (interchangeable) sprockets, PMR clutch/chain cover, new chain, new clutch with 3 sets of varying spring sizes (color coded) which alter the RPM that the clutch engages, new rear sprocket and brake drum, rear shocks, RLV B-91 mini muffler, new front Azusa mag wheel with new bearings, new rear tire.
Current jackshaft arrangement achieves very good low end power with maximum speed of 25.6 mph.
Swapping jackshaft sprocket arrangement attains a higher gearing ratio with a maximum speed of 38.4 mph, with very little low end sacrifice.
I determined these speeds with a ratio formula and have checked them with GPS.
Located in Port Orchard, WA
$800.00 (I have nearly twice that invested).
I have no idea about possible shipping, that would need to be discussed.

PM me for further information.

Last edited:

jrzmac

I thought that name sounded kinda familiar. someone redid one a few years back that I fell in love with. WOW, the thing came out like new. check it out!

Tikker

Revised Asking Price $700.00 OBO

Rebuilt Herters.
On to another project.......
For sale, 70's era "old school" midsize minibike, a Herters Trail I.
Frame up revamp, sandblasted to bare metal and repainted.
NEW 196cc (6.5hp) clone Honda (8 hours on engine), PMR jackshaft with 13-15 tooth (interchangeable) sprockets, PMR clutch/chain cover, new chain, new clutch with 3 sets of varying spring sizes (color coded) which alter the RPM that the clutch engages, new rear sprocket and brake drum, rear shocks, RLV B-91 mini muffler, new front Azusa mag wheel with new bearings, new rear tire.
Current jackshaft arrangement achieves very good low end power with maximum speed of 25.6 mph.
Swapping jackshaft sprocket arrangement attains a higher gearing ratio with a maximum speed of 38.4 mph, with very little low end sacrifice.
I determined these speeds with a ratio formula and have checked them with GPS.
Located in Port Orchard, WA
$700.00 (I have nearly twice that invested).
I have no idea about possible shipping, that would need to be discussed.

PM me for further information.
$700.00 OBO

Surprised by lack of interest. Didn't realize recouping some of my investment costs would be so difficult.
I might even be interested in delivering within a reasonable distance for the right price. Let's talk.
This bike is great for full size guys (200 lbs. +) like myself.

$700.00 OBO

Surprised by lack of interest. Didn't realize recouping some of my investment costs would be so difficult.
I might even be interested in delivering within a reasonable distance for the right price. Let's talk.
This bike is great for full size guys (200 lbs. +) like myself.
They are awesome bikes that alot of people would like to own. Unfortunately that price range would be reserved for one that was closer to original. Sell the motor and aftermarkets seperate, and try selling the bike as a roller , and you will probably come closer to getting your money back. IMO of course :thumbsup:

Tikker

They are awesome bikes that alot of people would like to own. Unfortunately that price range would be reserved for one that was closer to original. Sell the motor and aftermarkets seperate, and try selling the bike as a roller , and you will probably come closer to getting your money back. IMO of course :thumbsup:
Good information, never considered that.
Thought as a driver it would be a good bet.

Tikker

I would consider partially parting out.
Removing the engine and attached clutch/jack shaft set up.
Could include the original rear brake and sprocket and original front wheel.
I would even disassemble enough to package for shipping (buyer to pay shipping).
FYI...This bike already had the Herters jack shaft set up removed when I bought it.
Price without engine, etc. (as a "roller)--- $475.00 OBO (plus shipping).
I would only be interested in parting out as described if I find a buyer for the bike first.
The engine w/header, PMR jack shaft plate/sprockets, chain/clutch cover, chain, clutch, plus shipping (I would determine packaging information for cost), I also have the gas tank for this engine (never used). $410 invested---$325.00 OBO.

My zip code for shipping info is 98366 (for UPS).

Further details for anyone that is interested in making offers can contact me by Private Message.

Tikker

Details Revised/Price Reduced.

I'm really wanting to move this and get the dollars working for me again.
As originally posted, for complete bike.....$600.00 OBO

toomanytoys

If you weren't all the way across the country from me I'd be all over that bike for 600 bucks. But you are way too far away for me......