73 5hp briggs with external carb need help

I got a 73 briggs flathead didnt come with a carb i bolted on a Tecumseh intake with a briggs lawn mower carb got it running an stuff but cant hook up the governor afm to it an the intake hose isnt hooked up will this be a problem if im running seperate gas tank what can i do with the governor to hook it up or change flywheels what kind do i use an how do you get them off an does it change the magneto an do i got to change valve springs when i change flywheel if i leave govenor rod disconnected will it rev to high an blow up what should i do any suggestions an ideas or info would help could you show pic of anything simular thanks

First, let me suggest using the search function as these topics have been covered several times. Second, the Briggs governor will not work with the Tec carb. Do some reading in the Briggs engine section. There is a wealth of knowledge.

I got a 73 briggs flathead didnt come with a carb i bolted on a Tecumseh intake with a briggs lawn mower carb got it running an stuff but cant hook up the governor afm to it an the intake hose isnt hooked up will this be a problem if im running seperate gas tank what can i do with the governor to hook it up or change flywheels what kind do i use an how do you get them off an does it change the magneto an do i got to change valve springs when i change flywheel if i leave govenor rod disconnected will it rev to high an blow up what should i do any suggestions an ideas or info would help could you show pic of anything simular thanks
..............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,??????????????????''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

here is some seasoning for your word salad :laugh: :thumbsup:

buckeye

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

So, is that one big question? :laugh:
I think you asked ," Is there a way to hook my Briggs gov to a Tec carb"? Right? No, you can't. And what kind of carb? When you say "lawnmower" what you using?

Buckeye its a Tecumseh intake with a briggs 6hp carb from a lawn mower i need to know if i can rig the governor rod or if i leave it alone not hooked up will engine blow up an if i need to change flywheels to a billet aluminnum one an if got to do the valve springs too wood a tolliston carb be better then what im using it runs but cant hook up governor buckeye