A couple of new pickups

Picked two new engInes up over the weekend.

HS50 and a yet to be id'ed Craftsman Tecumseh. Both have great sounding compression and shock my hand good.

Also found this cool Kutchmans shroud. Definitely throwing this on something as is. Pretty popular local minibike store. I'm almost positive my childhood Stellar came from there.

Picked two new engInes up over the weekend.

HS50 and a yet to be id'ed Craftsman Tecumseh. Both have great sounding compression and shock my hand good.

Also found this cool Kutchmans shroud. Definitely throwing this on something as is. Pretty popular local minibike store. I'm almost positive my childhood Stellar came from there.

per the craftsman to tek cross reference guide , your smaller engine is an h35.

Yeah it found it on s microfiche Tec/ Craftsman slide earlier. I really thought it was bigger. The big gas tank makes it look bigger I guess. Thanks though.
Nice score on the shroud. I'm doing a LI-themed bike soon. (Shh) Others may disagree, but I put an H35 on a 10" wheeled frame and I thought it out pulled ANY HS40's I've had. I put a 5.5 Clone on that same frame prior for chassis testing, and that H35 was at least as strong, if not more so. I think they're great little motors.

I think you onto something Dave, I clearly remember the fastest mini bike in my neighborhood back in the day had a white 3 1/2 hp tecumseh with crossed flags. And the crowd in our neighborhood included a trail jet, a bonanza mini chopper , a sears two speed(roper style.) and a bunch of other mutt bikes I can quite name right now.

Maybe its like the small block vs big block chevy thing, the right combination of bore and stroke? I dunno? Your post jogged my memory.

PS Johnny T
If you decide to get rid of the H35, I will be glad to add it to my growing collection of side poppers

PS Johnny T
If you decide to get rid of the H35, I will be glad to add it to my growing collection of side poppers
Think I'll keep this one for a while but today I'm going to be putting some stuff up for sale and you can have first crack and this running all original survivin' beauty:

$160 + shipping

Opened up the Craftsman (which by the way translates to a Tecumseh model H35 45183F) and there was a heck of a lot of carbon in there. But some PB Blaster and a wire brush (used gently) and that stuff just vanishes.

This motor had some juice in it, but just enough to shock the hand. I installed brand new points and condenser and still the same. Ordered a coil from OldMiniBikes this morning.

Haven't done anything with the HS50. Hoping its OK inside. It's one of 3 in the running to go on my Black Widow.

Here is the HS50 before and after. Also cleaned up nice. Got such a nice sounding compression. The intake valve on the right might need a change at some point.

I was able to get this one to spark up after cleaning the points off, which look little used. Maybe they were swapped out back in the day and it was not used much.

Why would you want this old stuff? I have a 8HP from a Super Bronc. 1 Inch shaft. Shit cannec it for a new LH358 XA 10HP awesome Tecumseh. The HM 80 doesn't go.

Why would you want this old stuff? I have a 8HP from a Super Bronc. 1 Inch shaft. Shit cannec it for a new LH358 XA 10HP awesome Tecumseh. The HM 80 doesn't go.
Nah, im into the old stuff. I like restoring em. Theres no question the newer stuff is faster and less headaches. But thats just not my bag, man. For most I guess you just had to be there in the 60's n 70's. Although I get a lot of youngins on my instgram who get it.

Think I'll keep this one for a while but today I'm going to be putting some stuff up for sale and you can have first crack and this running all original survivin' beauty:

$160 + shipping

I was actually interested in that old craftsman, but I picked up two more since them. HELP!! Someone please stop me before i buy again.:eek:ut:

This one has proven to a very good one. No troubles this far. Got in running with minimal effort. Now it's all minibiked out with slant intake and Taylor spark arrestor. It's going on my MTD Trial Flite as I think I remember someone saying they came with HS50's. Giant 1 inch shaft gonna be a problem though. What else is new??!!

Gonna try and paint it this weekend.