advice on 8hp honda

picked up a 8hp honda with a 1 inch shaft yesterday.
cleaned it up,got it running great.
already mocked it up in one of the warrior frames....
itll work if i run straight chain from motor to rear wheel.

would this be worthwhile to buy a 1 inch clutch for and use,and if so,what clutch should i use And what teeth is best for my stats?
8hp plus rear gear of 58 teeth,running #40 chain,w-tire 18 x 9.50 x 8

its only an 8hp motor,and its huge too,so im wondering if this is a good idea to begin with...anyone else put a huge motor on their warriors?

picked up a 8hp honda with a 1 inch shaft yesterday.
cleaned it up,got it running great.
already mocked it up in one of the warrior frames....
itll work if i run straight chain from motor to rear wheel.

would this be worthwhile to buy a 1 inch clutch for and use,and if so,what clutch should i use And what teeth is best for my stats?
8hp plus rear gear of 58 teeth,running #40 chain,w-tire 18 x 9.50 x 8

its only an 8hp motor,and its huge too,so im wondering if this is a good idea to begin with...anyone else put a huge motor on their warriors?
Yes people have put the big block honda in these frames.
Yes ANds they do tend to be a bit bulky, but if you don;t mindthet extra weight they make gobs of torque.

40 chaiin might be a bit wide.
I use 420 chain
I run a 58 with 9 primary ratio and 20 inch tyres.
Thats a bit much unless you have a lot of torque ( I think you are fine with 8 hp )

Motra

Here are your numbers with a 12 tooth drive sprocket. I like to be over 100 lbs. of thrust for street riding and over 250 lbs. for off-road mountain riding.

wow thats actually so close its amazing,they speedoed me at 43 mph.
okay,so far so good,now what Clutch do i use?
that can take this kind of abuse?
without the brass insert that always fails too...??

im sure itll be heating up a lot,as we trail ride and all that.
ty so much for the info and again amazing how close you got that mph.

i also noticed my need for a Exhaust and apparently some form of carb adaptor or block?? to get rid of the factory carb plastic box/way too high.

if you are going slow and trail riding you should either gear it way down or get a TAV. centrifugal clutches do not like to be run slow. the brass idler bushing should be fine under normal use. they make needle bearing clutches, but you are still going to have problems overheating and burning up your clutch if you are putting around with too high of gearing

slow is a strange word,what does slow mean??:laugh:

seriously tho,we dont ride slow,im just worried about the clutches overheating like they did with the 6.5/reg clutch/strain chain setup i just took off it.
it would eat those brass sleeves like candy...which is why i need a good recommend for a clutch....anyone?

Ive hit lots of water and mud with no covers. Ask anyone who went to Windber how the torque converters do even in pouring rain. Friction dries them right off. It I can get a torque converter to fit. Then it gets one.:thumbsup:

my problem is space is so limited,that im thinking the tav cover will prolly be too wide....?
does anyone know or have a 1 inch Tav assembled w the cover on it that they could measure the distance/Width of??

does anyone have a good link to a 1 inch tav?? that isnt ungodly expensive?

this specific brand? its not a real comet is my only concern, and ive never seen the asymmetric rated for 13, only the comet 40 have i read was rated that high

k thanks Esp for those links JK.:thumbsup:
has anyone tried those off name brand yet?
are they reliable??
crap belts?? some foreign size that requires a delivery from yugostan??

can anyone see a flaw with running one of those on an 8hp honda?
cause that price sure looks good from where im sitting..

after reading on the first link, says 8-13 hp (lets hope) and its asymmetrical so its likely to be narrower than a symmetrical setup
what exactly does that mean JK??
the whole asymetrical versus?
i have very little width/wiggle room on my bike...