Air pistol thread

I needed a gift for my son.
Something simple and practical when I saw these Chinese Westlake S2 on sale at Princess Auto.

First one was a bust because of some rust inside and a realy heavey trigger but I returned it and got a second one.
Got some good advice from Bikerscum on care and feeding and low and behold for 25 bucks the little devil shoot pretty good.

Not very powerful, but with very little fuss it holds tight group.
I can't hardly see the sights very good in the dark of my basement and I still manage to pop the target in a 2 inch group at 25 feet ( and I am not a pistol shooter by any means )

Well worth the money.
I'm going back for a second after the Holiday.

And I thought It wouldn't much better than a hammer in the end.
Suprise suprise.
Something Chinese that works ( even thought I did some tweaking an filing and tuning as per some instruction from a Shooting forum Bikerscum directed me too ).

Stunned.
I shoot better with this than my old Crossman.
So small and light its like an extension of my hand.

Last edited:
That's pretty cool, I've always thought about getting one of those things from PA but never have. Good to hear it works and it accurate. :thumbsup:

Bikerscum

If you're ever interested in something in rifle form, check out the Chinese QB78.... about $80 I think. (google Archer Airguns). It's a c02 airgun with good power, accuracy and a great adjustable trigger. And a story...

A couple decades ago Crosman Corp. had the model 160. A great little gun but had a couple of issues. Crosman discontinued it. The Chinese copied it and sold it as the QB78. Corners were cut, costs shaved, the guns were junk. A second generation airgunsmith named Tim McMurray (still in business as Mac 1 Airguns) went to China to develop the platform with his improvements, have them made there & sold through his store. The Chinese were all over it, using his ideas & came up with th QB78 we know today.... which they promptly sold directly to anyone that wanted them, bypassing the inventor. It's the Chinese way. Then the Chinese copied the Chinese, and they were/are sold under multiple brands... Shanghai, Industry Brand, Tech Force, etc.
They are a remarkable value, I had one as my first adult airgun. I dispatched countless pigeons from my roof with it. I recently won one in a Christmas raffle on that forum I sent you to.

One warning.... c02 does not like the cold.... pressure & velocity rise with temperature. Not a gun for trekking thru the snow in search of bigfoot.

I will admit I have been looking at other ones now.
But the one that caught my eye first was the B3-1 and the B3-2....

Actualy I think the B3-2 in 5.5mm is probably better because of the lower velocity and extra weight.
I never owned anything that used C02
My first gun was a Springer made in Czechoslovakia ( propbably between 70 and 75 ).
That was a very good gun to learn to shoot on and myself, my brother, his boys and my son have used it ( but its literaly worn out and a shelf queen now ).

QB78 eh?
Well I will look around for that that.
My son's "girl friend" just got a .22 rimfire so the heat is on lol.
Nice little thing with a pink stock lol.
Girl is not a dolly and easy bake kid but a real tom boy and cute as a button.

Neat air gun for 25 buck, Doesn't Canada have a law for air guns to be no more than 450 fps.
I have a bunch of old Crosman pistols 1322 and 1377 pumpers, along with my Co2 guns in 150, 2200, 357, 38T and 38C. I have a 25 foot range set up in my basement. I have modified a few of them.

In Canada if its under i think 500 fps there's no rules over that its considered high power air rifle since we now have ones that shoot 1250 fps and you need your gun license to own them.

Bikerscum

In Canada if its under i think 500 fps there's no rules over that its considered high power air rifle since we now have ones that shoot 1250 fps and you need your gun license to own them.
Good Lord, the 1250 fps myth has reached the Great White North.

The myth is spread by Gamo, makers of sh&t airguns for sale in places like Walmart. They do their tests with what they call Performance Ballistic Ammo...PBA.... non-lead super lightweight pellets. Also sh&t.

Put a real pellet in there & you'll be lucky to see 850 fps, which is actually a good thing. At not a lot more than that airgun pellets start to go transonic... break the sound barrier. (Same actually happens for .22 rimfire ammo... you will ALWAYS see competition rimfire shooters using low power subsonic ammo like SK Standard +, Wolf Match target, etc) The pellet spirals, yaws, turns sideways, etc. Shooting anything at 1250 FPS in an airgun will make a loud splat somewhere in the area of what you were aiming at.

So why the false advertising? Speed ratings sell. Put a gun with 850 fps on the box next to one with 1250 fps on the box, the latter will sell every time.

My $4000 comp Steyr rifle can be turned up velocity wise to whatever I want.... I have it set at 875 fps.

:2guns:

I think there used to be a rule about it.
But lets be honest.
How do you enforce such a thing these days?

Case in point you can more or less import anything you want as long as you say what it is and does.
Then you have it labled to conform to said rules......

When the off road emissions act came into effect and you could no longer import engines unless they had been tested.
I simply had my manufacturer lable them Competition engine for ( gasoline, clones ect )
Mining engine ( for diesels ) or renovation kits ( and had things removed to be added later ).

Can't enforce much these days.
My Crossman 1322 needs a rebuild.
Kind of pointless asking for the Canadian parts to make it leagal so it would us American rating parts if it were to remain stock.
More likely I wil get aftermaked parts and hot rod it.

Bikerscum

I think there used to be a rule about it.
But lets be honest.
How do you enforce such a thing these days?

Case in point you can more or less import anything you want as long as you say what it is and does.
Then you have it labled to conform to said rules......
Why would anyone vote for the people that make you lie to get a BB gun smuggled into your own country?

It always amazes me, in my country too... these people didn't elect themselves.

:shrug:

Why would anyone vote for the people that make you lie to get a BB gun smuggled into your own country?

It always amazes me, in my country too... these people didn't elect themselves.

:shrug:
It's called apealing to the lowest common denomonator Bikerscum.
We get the goverments we deserve because we elect them.

Flip things around a little I give you Steven Harper and all the baggage that goes along with him.
Fact is you would not find him offensive from a Republican POV.
QUite moderate soft spoken and he apeals to all those things Americans hold dear.
Not a bad man at all for the USA.
But we did not elect him here if you count up all the votes.

Barry Obama....
He plays well here.
Makes noises like a moderateprogressive Conservative ( AKA a red Tory ) but taxes ansspends like a Liberal all the things that fly in the face of most moderate American voters something liberal and stand offish intelectual.
Not a bad man for Canada.
But add up all the votes and you diud not elect him.

What can you conclude from this?
We are out of our freaking minds electing people that we don't realy like ( because of outdated ways of running elections and such ).
Non of them we realy like so we hold our noses and pick the least offensive clown.

Now back to the BB gun.
And the stationary engine...
And such........

Well as it turns out.
These people we elected don't realy care if we want to buy these things.
Think about it....
The Tuna cans can be full of rancid meat, the beef full of salmonila.
The cars could explode iof you rear end them and the brakes not work as they speed away on their own.
The water could be full of pig shit.
And the kids could be shooting each other at school.
These people make sounds like they care but they pass the most simplistic laws to apeas us.
Its not about making our society better anymore.
Its about who will donate the most to the next election, and what we can get away with to get or hold power.
And finaly its the agenda of the people that finaly get that election, and usualy its nothing we voted for at all but a lot of money was raised by people who knew what that real agenda was and the bought the election because its what they wanted....

Now....
Happy Christmas, and a safe and happy near year ( and all the at good stuff like friends family and food ).

If you need a non EPA compliant Multifuel stationary engine BTW, thanks to the Autopact I can get it there, made in Canada from parts around the world by me.
Just be sure to only use it in non gassy underground mines after it passes its field inspection by your local regualtory body ( you will need to notify them your engine exists, you exist and you have a mine, testing is free. Stupid Govment..... lol )

I really like everyone here. Each of us brings our different characteristics to the game, and that's what makes it so rich. I love the part where a single sentence question posed to NOS will result in an eight paragraph screed. It seems to work every time. :thumbsup:

I really like everyone here. Each of us brings our different characteristics to the game, and that's what makes it so rich. I love the part where a single sentence question posed to NOS will result in an eight paragraph screed. It seems to work every time. :thumbsup:
Yup....

I speak broken English at the best of times ( because I stammer and say I uh.... and ya see... a lot ).
It's a function of my inability for form sentences without a lot of swearing as I try to speak to civilized people ( like you fellows).

Thankfuly you guys tollerate my spelling, bad grammer, run on sentences and strange point block typing style.
But this format ( complete with all the retypes and editing )at least makes my thoughts presentable.

Want some real fun Tom?
Come over for a beer and talk politics, I won't dispoint

Or my backup...

Steyr... nothing else comes close.

Wonder if I could get one of these into Canada?
I never answered your question.
Answere is yes...
Just make sure you have some paper work done.
Lost of people bring guns into Canada for sport....

My Dad brought a chrome plated revolver back and forth many times.
Then one day he took the console apart in his used RV and discoverd the previous owner had hidden it there lol.
Now its a liscened firearm in his name.
Not sure if its something he keeps for safety or if he just likes to pop a few rounds at those wild Georgia hogs that run through his yard.

I would rather build a flame thrower and chase the bears around my back yard.
Much more my style ( an I realy have considered it I have all the parts )....

We have been plinking away in the back yard with the new air pistol.
Jr is quite happy ( but a very bad shot lol )
Safety is my biggest concern, and he is quickly following my rules ( I am pleased ).
I've had it apart and back together again 3 times today.
I softened up the trigger pull and polished some parts inside to make the action smooth.
Jr went from could not pull the trigger and hit the pizza box to hitting a beer can at 20 feet every 3rd or 4th shot.
I am pleased with that too.....

Next I thik I will try and order one of those rifles you sugested for his birthday.
Or rebuild my 1322 with a longer barrel and add a scope and stock.
I still think I might try and buy a B2-2.
from what I read that thing was desinged to feel like a SKS-45 in your hand.
Might be worth wasting a lot of time shooting one.

Last edited: