Aluminum Cylinder/Round Gas Tank (7 of them)

Reference this thread http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/projects-and-rides/122113-cylinder-round-gas-tanks-10.html
some of you may know that I have been tig welding for a little while now and am putting in seat time, whenever I can. Through this time period, I have made a few tanks and a friend made me promise I would list a few and see if anyone would actually pay for some of them. The few I will post today, are some that I have made initially (starting from approx a year ago, till more recent). I do have more tanks, but those will be getting a nice polish, etc... if these sit, with no interest, they will be getting polished also and then thread updated... the two with the LSC caps I intend to polish anyway, but they can go as is also...

there is one tank, i pulled off one of my bikes, as i made a new tank for the bike... that tank is the only one, that has had gas ran though it (thus, you can call it used) however, the bike was ridden up the street once and not since...

Per the rules I have to list a price... after i post all the pics, i will go back and update the price, or list the price at the end, with a separate pic... this will make sense once done... as i have a few pics to share, so you know what you are getting... for the most part, these welds are more sentimental to me than that they do not appear awesome, but i am not proud of them... i have sense gotten much better... these welds are not perfect looking, but sound... these tanks have been checked, with fluid and i could not find a leak...

whatever price i list, remember, it will be an asking price. and is being listed per forum rules trust me when I say, im willing to entertain offers (it is not necessarily about money)... especially with all of the tanks, that do not have a custom LSC vented cap on em...

THANKS FOR LOOKIN...

Gerald-LSC

Overall

Last edited:
the ones in this pic are some of the earlier ones...

the one on the bottom, is the only one that has had gas in it... and ran one a bike for a pass up the street.. .like i said, i took it off, because i made a new tank for the bike... so of them have a couple of passes on the ends, as i was playing with settings, practicing feeding rod, etc.. that is why you will see multiple beads on some... simply practicing

Last edited:
these two are more recent...

dimensions, more pics, and asking prices to follow... dimensions are approximate (prob within a 1/16")

Last edited:
this tank, due to the anodized cap, is very tight to take the cap off and on... the cap is not vented... you will need to work with this to loosen up the threads, i started to work the cap back and forth with thread tapping oil and it helped... but it is still tight and needs some messing with... selling as it... i dont happen to have a tap or die for this one..

3.5" OD (.125 wall) x 9.875"
non-vented cap (you need to put a small hole in it to vent)
(1) 1/4" NPT bung on bottom

Last edited:
this is another with a black anodized cap (i wont be buying these from that company any longer).. cap is tight also... needs to be worked to clean up threads... cap is not vented...

4" OD (.125" wall) x 12.5"
2.25" OD cap (not vented)
(2) 5/16"-18 bungs on top for mounting
(2) 1/4" NPT bungs on bottom, one one each end

this is one of the very first tanks i made... had a bit of polishing on it initially...

4" OD (.125" wall) x 9.25"
(2) 5/16"-18 bungs on top for mounting
(2) 5/16"-18 bungs, one on each side (had bolt on end caps for it, not included)

4" OD (.125" wall) x 11.25"
"tri spoke" old school style cap, not vented
(2) 5/16"-18 blind bungs on top for mounting

this one had gas in it and one pass...

4" OD (.125" wall) x 8"
vented gas cap, with filter
(2) 5/16"-18 blind bungs on top
(2) 1/4" NPT bungs on bottom, one on each end
(1) 1/4" NPT plug
(1) 1/4" NPT 90 degree to hose fitting

i set the end caps in a little as i was going to add end caps, initially, but ended up wanting to make a whole new tank in the end...

LSC Custom Cylinder Tank

3.5" OD (.125" wall) x 10"
Billet End Caps (LSC)
Billet Cap, vented, with filter (LSC)
(2) 5/16"-18 blind bungs on top
(1) 1/4" NPT on bottom

one modeled on one of my bikes... the tank on this bike is spoken for and one of the most recent... asking prices will be posted shortly

Asking Prices (plus shipping and paypal fees):
1. $free to good home
2. $65
3. $65
4. $65
5. $75
6. $100
7. $125

Last edited:
sent you one back.. i spent a few seconds putting the cap on and off of it with a little thread tapping oil and it threads on and off, with it.. just too tight for my liking... and was a practice tank anyway, so wasnt going to put a lot of time into it... etc... which is reflected in the price

These things are absolutely beautiful but IF i was to buy one I would need one with the fill neck on one end and the petcock on the other. Sadly I've been working on a propane tank gas tank enough that I have so much time invested in it I can't justify spending what one of these are worth.

If the number one tank falls through hollar at me, I'll gladly pay shipping and PP fees for it but please don't be mad when I chop the filler off and move it.

Looks like Bobs garage .
bike was at his house for a few days, he took it somewhere with him...

These things are absolutely beautiful but IF i was to buy one I would need one with the fill neck on one end and the petcock on the other. Sadly I've been working on a propane tank gas tank enough that I have so much time invested in it I can't justify spending what one of these are worth.

If the number one tank falls through hollar at me, I'll gladly pay shipping and PP fees for it but please don't be mad when I chop the filler off and move it.
tank number one, def went through... i have some others, and i do have one, i can weld end caps on real quick and post a little later...

the one in this pic is spoken for... but i will post one later, that isnt spoken for, that has two 1/4" npt bungs on the bottom one on each end... and the filler to one side... similar to this one, but with dome end caps

here is another i built that is spoken for... with cap to one side, but closer to the tank, like the one, i will weld the dome end caps on today