Animal carb question.

Animal carb is a Walbro PZ22. It is a 22mm carb and the stock jet size depends on where you buy the carb. I got mine from a scooter parts website(it was cheaper there) and it came with a #87 jet. The carbs that actually come with animals have a different size jet in stock form and I think it is ninety something but I cannot remember exactly. I have one on my clone and I have a #92 main jet. My mods are stiffer springs, billet rod, billet flywheel, open header and then the PZ22 of course. So if you are doing much more than that then you may need something larger than a 92. I still have not had a good run on that engine so I have not gotten a good plug reading on it yet, but it runs pretty well.

I have a 20mm carb I took off of a 70cc 4wheeler. I am trying to figure this thing out .I am running a 6.5 Box Stock with 18# valve springs, open intake , and open header. At high speeds, it starts loosing fuel , spits and spudders, with this knock off KI Hin carb. It has good acceleration, but at high speeds, it starts spuddering, like i am running out of fuel. Should I adjust my float so I could get more fuel , will that some what help?

Ok, well I am not positive that this is correct, but my understanding is that the pilot jet controls fuel delivery at low RPMs, the needle setting controls fuel delivery at the mid range, and the main jet controls fuel delivery at wide open throttle. Given that, it sounds like maybe you need to jet up on your main jet. There are plenty of guys on here more knowledgeable than me, but I guess that is my first thought. As for where to obtain those jets though I am not sure.