Animal carb to a flathead

Has anybody put an animal carb on a flathead motor ? I have but it won't run worth %$@%@. any ideas will help. Can't get it to idel or rev. is a stock animal carb on gas and it came off of my dirt kart that ran very well this season. is it to rich or to lean??? HELP
Jim

125ccCrazy

Has anybody put an animal carb on a flathead motor ? I have but it won't run worth %$@%@. any ideas will help. Can't get it to idel or rev. is a stock animal carb on gas and it came off of my dirt kart that ran very well this season. is it to rich or to lean??? HELP
Jim
more info will help..

what size engine? (assuming 5hp?)
any mods to the engine?
what did you use for an intake and is it sealing at both ends?
has the carb been rejetted when it was on the kart? if so what are the jets?

It is a allstock carb with a home built intake and the flanges are 1/4 flat steel with gaskets. so yes it is sealing at both ends, and presured checked the welds.

KB2ROCKET

I have done the very thing you are speaking of and I hear it is suppose to work fine but I haven't tryed to run mine yet ....
Are you sure your carb is jetted for gas? A lot of them are set up to run on alcohol
also these carbs are very dirt sensitive and you should always use a good filter. Let me set you up with a guy that specializes in animal carbs I will post a link in a moment

Were you running a fuel pump on your animal? I have put a Walbro PZ on a 5hp briggs and it worked perfectly out of the box on gas and rejetted for methanol. I did us a pump pulsed from the manifold.

KB2ROCKET

Animal carbs will work using a gravity feed or pump
if you are running a pump make sure your lines are hooked up right. And if you are using gravity feed make sure the pluse port on the engine is plugged ESP. If it's on the intake manifold