Another Centaur raises it's head

OK
So the smoke I was seeing was a bad thing...lost compression on #1 at a bike show no less

Good news is I found a Kohler 340, bad news it was out of a snowmobile and not oil injected.
Good news is that it had dual carb, bad news was I had to relocate the shift cable to get around the carbs.
Good news is the motor runs, bad news was the carbs needed rebuild and leaked everywhere.

Since she is now dual carb, I might as well dual exhaust her and use my HD mufflers I aquired

Now, anyone know how to set Walbro WD 6 carbs. She bogs down at half throttle. Ye ole internet said to set the idle @ 1-1/4 out, but nothing on the power screw.

30 second update:

I finished up the gal except for the paint, just buffed it out an she looked great. A gent gave me a call and wanted to make an offer. He showed up with a trailer and a deal was struck.

Two weeks later the missus missed her ride and wanted me to find a replacement trike. Saturday night I found another Rupp about three hours away. Sent the gent a deposit and picked her Sunday afternoon.

So yet another Centaur raises it's head

Hello Wayne S : Well you have now a two seat Centaur. And from what I see is it VW powered ? And you have the non Rupp Top box on the trunk. They were made by a BTW member Jim and Brian Parrot out of Ohio. They made their own bodies and even frames. And I see a gas cap sticking through the left side of the body so that further says it is VW powered and is a older swing axle suspension. So you need to send more pictures
Steve :scooter:

Nailed it Steve! Start with the cap because it intrigues me the most...looks like a 70's Dodge Charger flip cap and if it is, it is the second expensive piece. The front wheel is vintage and Bobby Espy (Director of local chapter of BTW) said if I get it re-nickel plated, was a thousand dollar wheel all day long. The box top has the original latches and the body is solid. I will pull the body off and go through her nose to tail this winter. The motor is an "F" code, single port 1300 with large jugs, so I may have to put wheelie bars on to keep the nose down.

Oh and did I tell you I broke even on the 74 (might have actually made $10) and paid a grand for the 75.

Hi Wayne S : I still have my single seat Centaur body to get rid of but your so far away.
It looks like your missing the front turn signals. I have a pair of old ones and a set all chromed up with Honda lights that are fitted with a 1157 bulb.
More pictures please.

Here you go...disassembly in progress. "F" code 1300cc and 4sp transaxle. More pictures coming and yep, I still want your body :laugh:

Hi Wayne S : Well you must know that the frame that you have is not a Rupp frame and was what The Parrott's did they made more room in the body cavity and lowered the passenger down behind the driver so the body is longer and gives more room for both and the passengers legs went around the driver. I have never seen in person one of their trike frames I had a picture but lost it when the PC crashed.
But it looked like what you have in the front. Of course more and more and more pictures are always good LOL. Now is your desire is to have a vw powered single seater and your frame fits the stock Rupp body then it might work out.

Wayne S : Your frame is what looks like a early type III swing axle and probably the 1300 engine was what came in the car that was the donor. My suspension is a later type III IRS automatic out of a square back that got t-boned.

Well I was wrong about the motor as it is a Type I upright bug motor and only 1300cc the type III cars used 1500 and 1600 engines.
My vw trike was a 1300 cc out of a 1966 bug and I married it to my Corsair Trike Kit in 1974.